Nokonoshima Island120 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Nokonoshima Island, Fukuoka, Japan, Fukuoka-shi
- Timings: 05:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-928812494
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids, Nature
Out in the middle of the Hakata Bay is the city of Fukuoka's second most favourite natural space - the Nokonoshima Island. The main attraction on the island is the park in the hills, a beautiful area that is bright with flowering blooms throughout the year - cherry blossoms, poppies, field mustard, sunflowers, bright red scarlet sage, cosmos and daffodils - and that's just to name a few. There are many more, in hundreds of thousands of blooms. At certain times, you can even pick the flowers to take back with you.
There are other activities. From May to September, the Nokonoshima Camp Ground operate, which has 10 cottages for hire (book early from April if you want in). There's a pottery workshop where you can paint expertly crafted ceramics. Near the port are a number of excellent restaurants - try the Noko burger, the Noko cider and the Nokoudon.
Nokonoshima Island Travel Tips
- Only 6 people to a cottage at the campground, but more may be requested from the management.
- Check ferry schedules ahead of leaving.
- There is a large car park at the ferry terminal, paid.
Entrance Ticket Details For Nokonoshima Island
- 220 yen for ferry trip (120 yen for kids), one way. Same price for bus to flower park.
- Park prices: 1000 yen, adults; 500 yen for kids above 3. Group discounts may be available.
- Camping: Adult: 5,000 yen/night; Elementary students: 3,000 yen/night, Children 3+: 1,500 yen/night.
Nokonoshima Island Hours
- Hours provided here are for the ferry terminal. Hours for individual establishments in the park may vary.
- Park hours: 9am-5:30pm (6:30pm on Sundays and holidays)
- Check into the camp ground between 3-5pm; check out at 10am.
How to Reach Nokonoshima Island
- Take a ferry from the Meihohama Ferry Terminal to the island's Nokonoshima ferry terminal.
- On the park, a bus ride takes 10 minutes to the island's park.
- Bus numbers 300, 301, 302, and 304 stop Meihohama Ferry Terminal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fukuoka-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fukuoka-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
11.75% of people who visit Fukuoka-shi include Nokonoshima Island in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
37.5% of people start their Nokonoshima Island visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Nokonoshima Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nokonoshima Island