Nokonoshima Island, Fukuoka-shiCurrently Open [Closes at 11:00 pm]
- Address: Nokonoshima Island, Fukuoka, Japan, Fukuoka-shi
- Timings: 05:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-928812494
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids, Nature
About Nokonoshima Island, Fukuoka-shi
Out in the middle of the Hakata Bay is the city of Fukuoka's second most favourite natural space - the Nokonoshima Island. The main attraction on the island is the park in the hills, a beautiful area that is bright with flowering blooms throughout the year - cherry blossoms, poppies, field mustard, sunflowers, bright red scarlet sage, cosmos and daffodils - and that's just to name a few. There are many more, in hundreds of thousands of blooms. At certain times, you can even pick the flowers to take back with you.
There are other activities. From May to September, the Nokonoshima Camp Ground operate, which has 10 cottages for hire (book early from April if you want in). There's a pottery workshop where you can paint expertly crafted ceramics. Near the port are a number of excellent restaurants - try the Noko burger, the Noko cider and the Nokoudon.
Nokonoshima Island Information
- Only 6 people to a cottage at the campground, but more may be requested from the management.
- Check ferry schedules ahead of leaving.
- There is a large car park at the ferry terminal, paid.
Nokonoshima Island Ticket Prices
- 220 yen for ferry trip (120 yen for kids), one way. Same price for bus to flower park.
- Park prices: 1000 yen, adults; 500 yen for kids above 3. Group discounts may be available.
- Camping: Adult: 5,000 yen/night; Elementary students: 3,000 yen/night, Children 3+: 1,500 yen/night.
Nokonoshima Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Hours provided here are for the ferry terminal. Hours for individual establishments in the park may vary.
- Park hours: 9am-5:30pm (6:30pm on Sundays and holidays)
- Check into the camp ground between 3-5pm; check out at 10am.
How To reach Nokonoshima Island by Public Transport
- Take a ferry from the Meihohama Ferry Terminal to the island's Nokonoshima ferry terminal.
- On the park, a bus ride takes 10 minutes to the island's park.
- Bus numbers 300, 301, 302, and 304 stop Meihohama Ferry Terminal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fukuoka-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fukuoka-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nokonoshima Island
69.94% of people who visit Fukuoka-shi include Nokonoshima Island in their plan
25.56% of people start their Nokonoshima Island visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Nokonoshima Island
94.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nokonoshima Island
Nokonoshima Island, Fukuoka-shi Reviews
Was here during our Nov~Dec 2016 Japan trip. A very quiet and beautiful Island which I immediately fall in love with. Heartfelt tranquility and the peacefulness of this Island as it was not the flower blooming season yet; in which will normally be flooded with tourists from all over the world (March - April)
Island getaway 15' ferry away from Fukuoka. Many small cove beaches, nice place to spend time with nature. Buses along island ring are free.
Came to this island in Jul 2017. The Nokonoshima Island Park was worth visiting with very nice greenery and flowers (depending on the season different flowers will be blooming). Unfortunately the sunflowers were not in full bloom yet when we were there. There were also rabbit and goat enclosures (you can buy feed to feed them) as well as Noko-Noko ball that you can play with your friends for a fee (similar to golf but much bigger balls). They even provided free rainbow umbrellas for your use in the park. Spent 2hrs at this park. You can take the island bus at the pier to the park direct. Pls check the bus timings as they are quite infrequent. There was a bayside beach too but we did not go as we were not in proper wear (we did see many people proceeding to the beach though). If you are intending to hike on this island I would discourage it as the map they provided is not very useful for navigation, the signage provided are few and confusing, and the GPS is not very accurate at times for your current location. The island sights that they mentioned on the map were not fantastic in actual. We tried hiking but gave up after 1.5hr as we reached many dead-ends and there were wild boars and fierce dogs. I do not recommend unless there is nothing to do or you like the flower in season very much. If you intend to go, you can take bus 312 from Hakata terminal direct to the Meinohama pier.
Nice place to spend your spring, summer and fall season together with your family. Located near from Fukuoka city. If you plan to have an outdoor picnic, dont forget to bring enough bento (food).
Beautiful place. If you visit, preload a Suica/Pasmo/Icoca (whatever IC card) and use it, because you can. Else paying cash for the ferry rides and bus rides to the park can be tedious.
All QuestionsNokonoshima island
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Fukuoka-shi
- Fukuoka Yafuoku! Dome
- Tourist Attractions Around the World
- Palazzo Abatellis
- Oratorio Del Rosario Di Santa Cita And Chiesa Di Santa Cita
- Catacombs Of The Capuchins Or Catacombe Dei Cappuccini
- Monreale Norman Cathedral
- Santa Maria Dell'ammiraglio Or La Martorana
- Palazzo Dei Normanni
- Teatro Massimo
- Orto Botanico Di Palermo
- Monte Palace Tropical Garden
- Monte Cable Car