Ohori Park510 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1-2 Ohorikoen, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture 810-0051, Japan, Fukuoka-shi
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +81-927412004
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Lake
When a city is as urbanised as Fukuoka is, lush green spaces are a welcome and rare retreat. This makes the landscaped fields of Ohori Park the city's most precious attraction. Beautiful and welcoming in every season, the tranquil park is built around the lake-moat of the old Fukuoka Castle, the remnants of which are on the grounds.
There's a lot to do. Visit the Art Museum there. The Japanese Garden is on the south side. Rent a vessel from the boathouse and row out the to the middle of the lake, or to one of the three islands. The Gokoku shrine is very pretty, down the pathway from a massive toriii gate.
But after all these are covered, the most satisfying activity is to simply stroll. Elegant chinese bridges link the outer two kilometre long path to the islands. The park's appeal evolves with the passing months. In spring, the cherry blossoms attract a large crowd, as does the annual fireworks display in August, when the people turn up in traditional dresses.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ohori Park
- Japanese Garden: 240 yen, though special exhibitions may charge extra
- Fireworks: August 1, 8:00 pm - 9:30pm
Ohori Park Hours
- Japanese Garden: 9am-5pm (Closes 6pm June-August). Last admission 30 minutes before closing time. Closed on Mondays; December 29 to January 3.
How to Reach Ohori Park
- Kuko (Yellow) Line stop OhoriKoen Subway Station
- Buses 2, 2-3, 3, 3-2, 4, 22, 22-1, 22N, 23, 23-1, 23B, 26A, 27, 27B, 27N 28B, 30, 31 32, 34, 39, 39B, 71, 77, 78, 79, 310, Express stop OhoriKoen(Park)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fukuoka-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fukuoka-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.46% of people who visit Fukuoka-shi include Ohori Park in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
56.2% of people start their Ohori Park visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ohori Park
92.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ohori Park