Cabo Girao, Funchal
About Cabo Girao, Funchal
Cabo Girao, Funchal
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2.8K times in trip plans
Geological Formation, View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Rags of cloud and mist clung to the cliff and as the sun erupted on the giant palisade, it shone with its sheer curtains of solid rock in which tiny bits of quartz winked like tiny gems in the sunlight. Stand on the skywalk and watch the mystery of the ocean unfold below. The waves of the turquoise ocean softly crashing against the mighty cliff, like fingers brushing each stone with a gentle caress and the wind ushering them back into the deep. This is Cabo Girao, The skywalk on Europe’s Highest Cliff in Madeira Islands.
There are terraced fields below the sheer cliff which can be reached by cable cars.Cabo Girao is one of the most popular tourist attractions. After redeveloping wider roads more shops have opened up and plenty of parking. The skywalk in glass is exhilarating. It leaves the guests enchanted with the views.
- The Chapel of Nossa Senhora Da Fatima is located here.
- Stand at the iron railings of the view point and feel the rush of adrenaline.
- The glass skywalk is 580 metres above sea level.
- Local craft souvenirs are on sale on makeshift market stall.
- Take a car ride to Cabo Girao and witness the little windy roads passing through banana plantations and other exotic fruits that are grown in this part of the island.
- Cabo Girao is a popular starting point for trekking. Trek all over Cabo Girao and experience the beauty of the vineyards with a sea view.
- At the cliff’s foot there is a small area of cultivated land called Fajas do Cabo Girao which were accessed by farmers in their boats.
- Base-jumping, para gliding, are allowed at this point and it’s paradise for adrenaline addicts.Paragliders soar over the blue Atlantic Ocean alongside buzzards and sea birds.
- Get a mystifying view of the sunset from the skywalk.
- All along the base of the cliff you can enjoy sunbathing and swimming.
Cabo Girao Information
- The street dogs can create a distraction.
- Tends to get over crowded when too many coaches come in.
- Chose the timings carefully for it gets slippery if wet.
- At times there are beggars which is not very pleasant.
- People scared of heights should be wary.
How To reach Cabo Girao by Public Transport
- Bus-Roadeste No 154
- Rental cars are all available
- Cable Cars
Restaurants Near Cabo Girao
- Restaurant Qb
- Churrascaria ‘o’ patio
- Restaurant & Grill Muralha
- Dom Luis Restaurants
- Snack-Bar Concord
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Funchal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Funchal and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cabo Girao, Funchal Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Praia Da Ribeira Brava
- Paul Da Serra
- Universidade Da Madeira Campus Penteada
- Uva Restaurant At The Vine
- Museu Cristiano Ronaldo
- Apartamentos Da Se Catedral
- Funchal Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Funchal
- What to See in 48 Hours in Funchal
- What to See in 72 Hours in Funchal
- How to Spend 5 Days in Funchal
- How to Spend 6 Days in Funchal
- How to Spend 7 Days in Funchal