Monte Cable Car, Funchal
About Monte Cable Car, Funchal
Monte Cable Car, Funchal - Address, Ticket Price
Address: East of Funchal, Portugal
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 3.3K times in trip plans
View Point, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Adventure, Cable Car
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Fly over winding streets and mazes of houses which look like tiny models on a living map. A gentle, silent ride exposing expanses of green, neat parks, ponds and lakes shimmering like mirrors are what you experience during a ride on the Monte cable Car ride. The view of wide green belt, tiny toy cars, spires of churches, will take your breath away. Patchwork of red, blue and green will amaze you of what lies hidden below. This cable car ride shows the mystery that spreads over the city without doing damage to the environment.
Monte is served by inclined cable car to Funchal and the Botanical Gardens. The exhilarating views of exotic and rare flowers are all well maintained and a delight for nature lovers.
- The cable cars are known as gondolas and are very modern and very clean.
- The entire project follows the quality and safety guidelines with European and International rules.
- The panoramic view spreads over the delightful city of Funchal where the green landscape melts into the ocean blue.
- The ride highlights the mystery of the island with all its hidden beauty.
- Initially a steam train used to bring tourists to the Monte hills now 100 years later, the modern cable car has taken over this mission.
- On the ride up to Monte, enjoy the fascinating view of Funchal Bay and the surrounding landscape.
- When you exit the station at Monte, a souvenir photo will be available to you.
- Taxi Cabs and Buses are available in Livremento.
- There are large wicker baskets which will take you down at fairly high speeds on the cobbled path, by driven by two carreiros, men wearing the traditional white uniform with straw boaters.
- You can shoot some brilliant photographs, from the car and various places once you ascend or descend.
- The cable car rides are smooth and tranquil.
- At the end of the journey the staff take a photo of you but this is purely optional.
- At the station there is a snack bar and handicraft shop.
Monte Cable Car Information
- Last boarding at 6.45PM.
- Special package tours are available as well.
- At both the stations, the cable cars slows down, so getting on and off is not a problem.
- There are 39 cabins with 8 seats each.
- 800 passengers are transported every hour.
- The trip should be made on a day when it is not cloudy.
- The ride down the station may cause some anxiety during the length of the first section but it is worth the ride in the end.
Monte Cable Car Ticket Prices
- Round Trip Euro 15.
- Children below the age of 6, is free for all the package tours.
How To reach Monte Cable Car by Public Transport
- Taxis, buses are all available from the station.
Restaurants Near Monte Cable Car
- Restaurante Porta Trinta Edois
- Vila Da Rocha-VdR
- Aqua Pests Dos Bicos
- Restaurante O Rustico
- Vasco Da Gama
- A Seta
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Funchal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Funchal and book an accommodation of your choice.
Monte Cable Car, Funchal Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Dorisol Florasol
- Escola Secundária Jaime Moniz
- Telefericos Da Madeira, Sa
- Câmara Municipal Do Funchal
- Praia Da Ribeira Brava
- Paul Da Serra
- Universidade Da Madeira Campus Penteada
- Uva Restaurant At The Vine
- Museu Cristiano Ronaldo
- Funchal Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Funchal
- What to See in 48 Hours in Funchal
- What to See in 72 Hours in Funchal
- How to Spend 5 Days in Funchal
- How to Spend 6 Days in Funchal
- How to Spend 7 Days in Funchal