Dutch Reformed Church1839 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Church Street, Galle, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Dutch Reformed Church is an ancient construction which was erected in 1755. Elegant calamander was imported wood from Malaysia to make the pulpit of the church while the floor is paved with gravestones from the Old Dutch cemetery. The guy who looks after the church will politely explain historic facts about the tombstones. There is an antique organ in the church that also belongs to the 17th century. The exteriors and interiors of the church are gorgeous. Try not missing a visit to the church when in Galle.
Dutch Reformed Church Travel Tips
- Mass is usually held every Sunday.
- A donation to the church is always welcome.
How to Reach Dutch Reformed Church
- Bus: Express Colombo Bus Stop
- Galle Central Bus Station
- Ice Mola Junction Bus Stop
- Train: Katugoda Railway Station
- Galle Railway Station
- Richmond Hill Train Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Galle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Galle and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Galle include Dutch Reformed Church in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
62.83% of people start their Dutch Reformed Church visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dutch Reformed Church
63.53% of people prefer walking in order to reach Dutch Reformed Church