How to Reach Galle
- Galle is 119 Km from Colombo. One can reach to Galle by bus, by car/taxi or by train from there.
- By Air: The nearest domestic airport to Galle is Koggala Airport, which is around 12 Km away from the city center and the nearest international airport is Bhandaranayake Airport, Colombo, around 133 Km far from Galle.
- By Train: It takes around 2.5 to 3 hrs to reach at Galle from Colombo by train. Trains costs slightly less than the buses, but there isn’t any online booking system so it may be a problem to get a seat in the train.
- By Road: Buses, same as trains, also take around 2.5 to 3 hrs to reach at Galle from Colombo. You can choose between AC and regular services buses. Needless to say, AC buses are costlier than non AC ones.
- The costliest but the most comfortable means to reach Galle is by a Car or a Taxi. It takes around 2 to 2.5 hrs to reach at the city.
- Buses are the cheapest means to reach at Matara, Unawatuna and Hikkaduwa from Galle. However, to get around the city, Tuk-Tuk is the best means of transport.