Jungle Beach, Galle
About Jungle Beach, Galle
Jungle Beach, Galle - Address, Phone Number
Address: Rummassala, Unawatuna, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 13.9K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Beach, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located between Galle and Unawatuna, the jungle beach is a petite beach that can even be reached on foot. The beach is very easily accessible and is clearly visible from the Japanese Peace Pagoda in Galle. Jungle Beach is perfect for snorkeling and is very popular for the same. Pick a day out to enjoy some great snorkeling around the rocks of the bay amidst reef fish, moray eels, barracudas, trigger fish, parrot fish, crabs, etc. But be careful of being pushed too close to the rocks by the waves.
Jungle Beach Information
- Guides may bully you saying the beach is tough to find. Don’t believe them.
- Don’t pay for snorkeling trips. It can be enjoyed at the beach for free.
- There is a restaurant on the beach.
- Carry sun screen.
- You can rent a snorkel gear. However try getting your own gear along.
How To reach Jungle Beach by Public Transport
- Train: Unawatuna Railway Station
- Katugoda Railway Station
- Galle Railway Station
- Bus: Unawatuna Bus Stop
- Eramudugaha Junction Bus Stop
- Katugoda Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Galle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Galle and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jungle Beach, Galle Reviews - Write a Review
Steep though well paved walk to a small, isolated and fairly quiet beach with nice sand. A small bar. Seems to have a fairly good atmosphere.
Best beach ever..calm and lovely tides.. suitable for swimming(any time) and snorkeling(in season)..
Not bad. But a misleading name. Maybe it was a jungle many years ago. It's just an ordinary small bay these days. Full of often intoxicated local tourists
Nice place, though we were there in a weekend were all the locals were celebrating and partying, and we later realized why there were no tourists there. It just became too much (questions, selfies, friend requests on Facebook etc).
Awesome Place to visit. It is surrounded by sea and other natural beauty.
- Nearby Attractions
- Greenery Lanka
- Old Dutch Fort
- Unawatuna Beach Resort
- Villa Amma Erna
- All Saints Church
- Galle National Museum
- Zen Rooms Light House Street
- Extreme Bike Tours
- Historical Mansion Museum
- Galle Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Galle
- What to See in 48 Hours in Galle
- What to See in 72 Hours in Galle
- How to Spend 5 Days in Galle
- How to Spend 6 Days in Galle
- How to Spend 7 Days in Galle