Sinharaja Forest ReserveCurrently Closed
- Address: Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Southern Province, Galle, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 06:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +94-112426900
- Ticket Price: 664 LKR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Nature
The Sinharaja Forest Reserve will be a true jungle experience with some wondrous adventures. Sinharaja is Sri Lanka’s last major undistributed rainforest of primary tropical vegetation. More than half of the trees in the forest are rare and so are the other living species like mammals, amphibians, reptiles, butterflies and insects. There are 22 villages that surround this forest.
- You can only explore the forest on foot. Make sure you come in comfortable footwear.
- Visit the forest between August and September, and January to April 1st week.
- A guided tour is compulsory and easily available in the park. Freelance guides can be made available through selective hotels.
- Avail tickets at the main Forest Department office at Kudawa and at Deodawa, 5km from Deniyaya that is on the Matara road.
- Adult: Rs 644
- Compulsory guide per person from Rs 1000
- Video camera: Rs 560
- Ticket office: 6:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Train: Weligama Train Station
- Polwathumodara Railway Station
- Mirissa Railway Station
- Bus: Mideripitiya Bus Stop
- Halpandeniya Bus Stop
- Deniyaya Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Galle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Galle and book an accommodation of your choice.
80.13% of people who visit Galle include Sinharaja Forest Reserve in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
60.26% of people start their Sinharaja Forest Reserve visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sinharaja Forest Reserve
93.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sinharaja Forest Reserve
Great place to go to. Most places won't have strong enough signals to get data. Leech socks recommended.
This place is amazing for nature lovers, researchers, and children who learn botany. And this is a place you could meditate, understand life,a place where you can feel the love of mother nature towards you
This place is incredible!! With a lovely waterfall called “hathmale Ella”. Just ask locals where to go and they will point you there!! Don’t miss out on this wonderful waterfall that you can hang out in. It’s in the jungle too!!
The best naturally preserved and vergin forest in Sri Lanka. Best biodiversity hotspot in the country every nature lover should visit
Beautiful place to feel the nature. This place can calm gou from day to day busy life
can we have a night stay in the forest. If yes howAnswer Report Abuse
I guess the only way you can enjoy a night-stay in Sinharaja Forest is by booking a hotel, lodge, or resort which is located within the reserve. You may call on 94 452 222 171 to inquire further.Report Abuse