Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Galle
About Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Galle
Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Galle - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Southern Province, Galle, Sri Lanka
Ticket Price: 664 LKR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 5K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Sinharaja Forest Reserve will be a true jungle experience with some wondrous adventures. Sinharaja is Sri Lanka’s last major undistributed rainforest of primary tropical vegetation. More than half of the trees in the forest are rare and so are the other living species like mammals, amphibians, reptiles, butterflies and insects. There are 22 villages that surround this forest.
Sinharaja Forest Reserve Information
- You can only explore the forest on foot. Make sure you come in comfortable footwear.
- Visit the forest between August and September, and January to April 1st week.
- A guided tour is compulsory and easily available in the park. Freelance guides can be made available through selective hotels.
- Avail tickets at the main Forest Department office at Kudawa and at Deodawa, 5km from Deniyaya that is on the Matara road.
Sinharaja Forest Reserve Ticket Prices
- Adult: Rs 644
- Compulsory guide per person from Rs 1000
- Video camera: Rs 560
Sinharaja Forest Reserve Opening and Closing Hours
- Ticket office: 6:30 am – 4:30 pm
How To reach Sinharaja Forest Reserve by Public Transport
- Train: Weligama Train Station
- Polwathumodara Railway Station
- Mirissa Railway Station
- Bus: Mideripitiya Bus Stop
- Halpandeniya Bus Stop
- Deniyaya Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Galle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Galle and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Galle Reviews - Write a Review
Simply beautiful and clam. We had a walk through the unspoiled beautiful rain forest with a guide who was very knowledgeable. It was very wet so I would recommend proper walking boots and an umbrella! Managed to see some of the very rare endemic bird species .
It's a good place to trek and also get to see crazy wildlife. There are some exotic birds which you can see while trekking. Also need to be careful as the floor of the forest has a lot of leeches which will attack you for sure.
Eye catching, Breathtaking, Mind relaxing views and places. Please protect this World Natural Heritage in Sri Lanka. Do not let those Worthless, Useless Damn politicians and other human being to ruin this. Love and Protect
Singharaja is a national park and a biodiversity hotspot located in south-west, Sabaragamuwa & Southern Province of Sri Lanka.
Rain forest reserve of Sri Lanka, good for tracking and wild life, vegetation.
- Nearby Attractions
- Galle Lighthouse
- Galle Fort Hotel
- Unawatuna Beach
- St. Mary's Church
- Aditya Resort
- Amangalla Hotel
- Greenery Lanka
- Old Dutch Fort
- Unawatuna Beach Resort
- Villa Amma Erna
- Galle Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Galle
- What to See in 48 Hours in Galle
- What to See in 72 Hours in Galle
- How to Spend 5 Days in Galle
- How to Spend 6 Days in Galle
- How to Spend 7 Days in Galle