Sinharaja Forest ReserveCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Southern Province, Galle, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 06:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +94-112426900
- Ticket Price: 664 LKR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Nature
About Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Galle
The Sinharaja Forest Reserve will be a true jungle experience with some wondrous adventures. Sinharaja is Sri Lanka’s last major undistributed rainforest of primary tropical vegetation. More than half of the trees in the forest are rare and so are the other living species like mammals, amphibians, reptiles, butterflies and insects. There are 22 villages that surround this forest.
Sinharaja Forest Reserve Information
- You can only explore the forest on foot. Make sure you come in comfortable footwear.
- Visit the forest between August and September, and January to April 1st week.
- A guided tour is compulsory and easily available in the park. Freelance guides can be made available through selective hotels.
- Avail tickets at the main Forest Department office at Kudawa and at Deodawa, 5km from Deniyaya that is on the Matara road.
Sinharaja Forest Reserve Ticket Prices
- Adult: Rs 644
- Compulsory guide per person from Rs 1000
- Video camera: Rs 560
Sinharaja Forest Reserve Opening and Closing Hours
- Ticket office: 6:30 am – 4:30 pm
How To reach Sinharaja Forest Reserve by Public Transport
- Train: Weligama Train Station
- Polwathumodara Railway Station
- Mirissa Railway Station
- Bus: Mideripitiya Bus Stop
- Halpandeniya Bus Stop
- Deniyaya Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Galle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Galle and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sinharaja Forest Reserve
95% of people who visit Galle include Sinharaja Forest Reserve in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
48.24% of people start their Sinharaja Forest Reserve visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sinharaja Forest Reserve
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sinharaja Forest Reserve
Sinharaja Forest Reserve Map
Sinharaja Forest Reserve Trips
Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Galle Reviews
Could say the best rain forest in the South Asia, may be in the whole Asia one could say. Only obstacle will be the leeches. That again mainly happen in rainy days. Best and the simplest way will be to use a piece of soap. You will be able to see many native plants, birds and many more. Very calm place and those who visiting should also maintain silence there in side. Whole journey will be just walking on bit of a rough road, but sure you will enjoy your stay there. There are nice Eco hotels at the entrance to.
It is really cool nature secret place in Sri Lanka. Once you go there you can breath good air , you can watch forest settings, you can sense cool and you can listen different sounds from the bird singing
Beautiful environment. But very few animals but if you're lucky u will find some rare wild animals. lots of leeches too. U can buy special socks that made to distract leeches for about Rs.300
One of my favourite places on Sri Lanka. Wild waterways where the forest opens its arms and a silver curve of river folds the traveller into its embrace.
Great nature experience. Abundance of unspoilt natural springs on an around the area
All QuestionsSinharaja forest reserve
- VIP Lounge Barcelona Airport T1
- Fou Gallery
- Brooklyn Public Library - Kensington Library
- Congregation Israel Of Kings Bay
- Seapoint Beach
- Ocean Ave Jewish Center
- Emerson Park
- Forest Glen Preserve
- Succulent Studios
- Washington Commons Park
- Shannon Hills Park
- Polish American Folk Dance Company
- Holy Spirit Church
- Botanica Santeria & Magic