Are you looking for what to do in Galle?
PLACES TO SEE
- Kalutara Temple: Asokaramaya Buddhist Temple, also known as Kalutara temple is around 200 yrs old and offers free humanitarian services to the Sri Lankan Community bases in and around Kalutara.
- Seenigama Temple: Located in Hikkaduwa, Seenigama temple is a popular tourist attraction. The temple is situated on the sea coast and is 1300 years old.
- Peace Pagoda: One of the most tranquil tourist attractions of Galle, the Peace Pagoda is the best place for those who are in a search of spirituality. Also, the breathtaking view of Galle from there makes it a must visit place in Galle.
THINGS TO DO
- Take a walk along the Galle Fort walls.
- Shop inside the Fort as it is the best tourist shopping destination at Galle.
- Visit turtle hatcheries beside the coast.
- Dine at Royal Dutch Cafe and listen to the mesmerizing stories about Galle.
Below we have a list of things to do in Galle and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Galle getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Galle with confidence.