Bishop's Palace700 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1402 Broadway Street, Galveston, TX 77550, United States
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4097622475
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Architecture
Also known as Gresham’s Castle, Bishop’s Palace is a Victorian-style house with colored stones, rare wood, bronze dragons, intricately carved monuments, sculptures, and spectacular fireplaces. The building has been accredited as one of the 100 most important buildings of America by the American Institute of Architects. This historic landmark is an architectural treasure everyone visiting Galveston should see. Opt for the self-guided audio tour and you are all set to discover the interesting historic side of Galveston.
Bishop's Palace Travel Tips
- Not fully accessible to the handicapped.
- The estate is privately owned.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bishop's Palace
- Adults : $10 ($2 is donated to Save America's Treasures to restore the roof, Students (6 - 18) : $7
- Entry is free for children five years and under.
- Adult pre-arranged group tours (20 or more people): $7 per person
- Benno's On the Beach
- The Beach Hut
- Godfather's Pizza
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Galveston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Galveston and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.18% of people who visit Galveston include Bishop's Palace in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
66.67% of people start their Bishop's Palace visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bishop's Palace
86.9% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bishop's Palace