How to Reach Galveston
HOW TO GET TO GALVESTON
- By Air: Scholes International Airport (IATA: GLS) - private and chartered flights only.
- William P. Hobby Airport (IATA: HOU) – 45 minutes drive away by I-45.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IATA: IAH) – 90 minutes drive by US Route 59 and I-45.
- By Boat: Bolivar Peninsula - Galveston Island Ferry. First come first serve basis. Usually almost has long waits, upto 3 hours waits on holidays.
- By Car: Interstate 45 leads on Galveston.
HOW TO GET AROUND GALVESTON
- By Foot: Walking will enable you to cover all of Galveston well enough though we won’t recommend it when it comes to the Strand or the Harborside District for safety reasons.
- By Car: Street parking is metred throughout the city. Carry change and you ought to be fine. Various rental vendors along the Strand will also rent you pedal cars.
- By Taxi: Cabs can be called at +1 409-763-3333, or online.