Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig And Museum584 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 2002 Wharf Road, Galveston, TX 77550, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4097667827
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Specialty Museums
Ocean star offshore drilling rig and museum is public museum dedicated to the offshore oil and gas industry. Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig Museum located in Galveston, Texas. The Offshore museum galveston is established on a retired jack-up rig. Funded by private donations, admissions, and corporate donations, it opened in 1997. The museum exhibits you can explore the remotely operated vehicles, actual drill bits, scale models, oil production, well servicing, seismic, geology, and drilling. It’s three floors, which can be viewed through a self-guided galveston oil rig tour, contain models and interactive displays that explain seismic tech, exploration and production. It will take 1 hour to 1 an half hours to complete museum tour.
- The Hall of Fame showcases the pioneering people and technology of the industry.
- The Pipe Deck showcases retired, gigantic equipment such as blowout preventer, drill pipe, and a cementing unit.
- The Drill Floor is directly beneath the derrick.
Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig And Museum Travel Tips
- Food, drinks, gum, and candy are not allowed in the museum.
- Do not run, jump, climb, or cross designated barriers at any time.
- Cancellations of bookings is possible anytime before the day of the visit. Contact the museum.
- Ocean star museum paid parking close to the entrance.
- Public parking lots at the Intersection of Harborside Drive and 21st street.
- Offshore drilling museum guide books and audio tour packages available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig And Museum
Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig Museum admission prices -
- Adults: USD 10
- Seniors (55+): USD 8
- Child (7-18): USD 6
- Oil rig tickets free for children six years and under.
- Guided audio tour price (Additional): USD 5
- Last tickets are sold an hour before closing.
- Ocean star museum parking price: USD 3 - USD 10
Offshore rig museum adult group tickets -
- Groups of 24 people or less: USD 10 ea
- Groups of 25 people or more: USD 8 ea
offshore museum galveston Senior group tickets -
- Groups of 24 people or less: USD 8 ea
- Groups of 25 people or more: USD 6 ea
Educational tours/Field trips prices -
- Student: USD 4
- Chaperone: USD 6
Oil and gas museum galveston tour plus activity program prices -
- Student: USD 6
- Chaperone: USD 8
Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig And Museum Hours
Ocean star offshore drilling rig and museum timing -
- Everyday: 10 am - 5 pm
- Summer hours: 10 am - 6 pm
- Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Galveston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Galveston and book an accommodation of your choice.
73.74% of people who visit Galveston include Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig And Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
59.62% of people start their Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig And Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig And Museum
90.2% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig And Museum
Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig And Museum Reviews & Ratings
This is a must stop if you like museums, models, science, engineering, boats, or simply want to sit and look at the Galveston Port. Even though it is a retired oil rig, most parts of the museum are wheelchair accessible. You may have some issues outside on the first floor and near the ticket booth/gift shop. I hope that they offer an alternative entrance. In addition, this is a Blue Star Museum for military families during the summer.
Had a great time there! All staff was friendly, helpful and fun. The gift shop has a lot of unique things. The whole place was clean and in good shape.
Really much more interesting and informative than I thought it would be. It is absolutely educational. I had no idea about most of it. Watch the movie, it is worth it. Must take a lot of man hours to keep it so well maintained. The exhibits are well planned and easy to learn from.
Good offshore museum, some of the information verges on propaganda for the oil industry but that is to be expected. Nice to be on a real rig and some really nice models of boats and rigs. As a bonus you have nice views fishings boats and things going on in the port.
Great place to explore and learn about "those things out there in the distance". Friendly staff and fun for kids too. Another cool indoor adventure for when its raining, or just hot.