Quay Street, Galway
About Quay Street, Galway
Quay Street, Galway - Address
Address: Galway City Centre, Galway, Galway, Ireland
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 16.3K times in trip plans
Food And Drinks, Entertainment, Market, Street Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Street Food, Nightlife
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The street for everything! – shopping, eating, nightlife, hotels, drinking, and delightful people watching. The vibe here isn’t about party, or youth – it’s about the joy of life and good old Irish craic. Lets not go into the buildings just yet –there are too many awesome things happening on the road. There are jugglers, and musicians (locally called buskers) and mimes and acrobats. The music is incessant and merry, like something out of a folktale. Not that all the people who play know HOW to play – you’re bound to suffer a cacophony or two. The path is cobblestoned (of course it is); the eateries all have outdoor seating (that’s where you want to be unless its raining) and the shopping is to die for. If it seems lively in the day, it gets crazier in the night when the pubs really start to pound out the booze. Like we said, the fun’s not for the young ‘uns alone; the older crowd has no objection to the noise and atmosphere and might just be more into it than anybody else.
Quay Street Information
- Parking is at the waterfronts, about 3-4 blocks away.
- Find a performer you like and sit down.
- This is Galways’favorite hangout. Expect a crowd.
Restaurants Near Quay Street
- Fat Freddy's Famous Pizziera & Bistro
- McDonagh's Seafood
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Galway before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Galway and book an accommodation of your choice.
Quay Street, Galway Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Galway Train Station
- Sheraton Athlone Hotel
- The Latin Quarter Wine Bar & Bistro
- Galway Irish Crystal Ltd
- Gap Of Dunloe
- Cliffs Of Moher Walking Trail
- Upper Salthill
- Eyre Square Centre
- Athlone Castle & Visitor Centre
- Tullamore Court Hotel
- Galway Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Galway
- What to See in 48 Hours in Galway
- What to See in 72 Hours in Galway
- How to Spend 5 Days in Galway
- How to Spend 6 Days in Galway
- How to Spend 7 Days in Galway