Salthill Promenade, Galway
About Salthill Promenade, Galway
Salthill Promenade, Galway - Address
Address: Promenade, W Rockbarton, Salthill, Co. Galway, Ireland
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 15.5K times in trip plans
Waterfront, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A serene walk along a peaceful seashore is a sure it anywhere and the Prom delivers. The translation of the Irish name ‘Bóthar na Trá’, is literally the road by the sea. It’s a favorite with local joggers, a quick 2 km run early in the morning; a favorite with the families, a fun picnic down from the road at one of the Andy beaches; a favorite with lovers, with a magnificent sunsets in the evening. Salt hill has been a tourist destination for decades now; people have lost count of how many big bands (U2 included) have performed for this neighborhood. Some of the things you can come across while strolling past include:
A view of Galway cathedral
- The Spanish arch
- The Wolfe Tone Bridge
- Nimmo’s Pier
- South Park
- Mutton Island – a really long pier
- Giant Chess Board – a picnic area
- Blackrock Diving Board and Prom Wall – kick the wall for good luck
- Galway Golf Course.
Keep you camera handy of course.
Salthill Promenade Information
- A.k.a The Prom.
- Remember to kick the prom wall for good luck.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Galway before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Galway and book an accommodation of your choice.
Salthill Promenade, Galway Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Galway Train Station
- An Pucan
- Bunk Boutique Hostel
- County Donegal
- The Latin Quarter Wine Bar & Bistro
- Galway Irish Crystal Ltd
- Gap Of Dunloe
- Cliffs Of Moher Walking Trail
- Upper Salthill
- Galway Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Galway
- What to See in 48 Hours in Galway
- What to See in 72 Hours in Galway
- How to Spend 5 Days in Galway
- How to Spend 6 Days in Galway
- How to Spend 7 Days in Galway