Are you looking for what to do in Galway?
THINGS TO DO AND ATTRACTIONS IN GALWAY
- Quay Street: Street performances, shopping, eats, drinks and nightlife.
- Salthill Promenade: A lovely 2km run along the coast with many interesting sights.
- Bohermore’s Victorian Cemetery: A place for quiet contemplation.
- Eyre Square: Galway’s main meeting place and shopping centre.
- Galway's Latin Quarter: Nightlife, music and food.
- Galway Cathedral: A bit of every beautiful architectural influence.
- St. Nicholas' Collegiate Church: Where the local weddings happen.
- Connemara National Park: Charming natural beauty that combines the mountains, the coast and the plains.
- Merlin Woods Park: A less known foray into the wild.
- Rinville Park: A cute family outing.
- Trad on the Prom: One of the best dinner shows in the world.
- Dunguaire Castle's Medieval Banquet: An intimate and rousing dinner show.
- Murder on the Menu: Murder mystery dinner theatre that’s quickly becoming popular.
- Taibhdhearc Theatre: Irish Theatre that’s super fun during the Galway Art Festival.
Museums, Zoos and Theme Parks:
- Galway Atlantaquaria: A fin whale skeleton, rays and eels. Good fun.
- Galway City Museum: Everything Galway. Quite possibly your first stop.
- Leisureland: A fun day out with the kids.
- Galway Golf Club
- Galway Race Course
- Quiet Man Bridge: A charming, peaceful bridge
- Bohermore’s Victorian Cemetery: A place for quiet contemplation
- The Spanish Arch: THE historical monument of Galway
Below we have a list of things to do in Galway and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Galway getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Galway with confidence.