Visit Gangtok - Best of Gangtok
The blessed town of Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim State in India. This lovely place has a tiny population and has a place of honor in the gorgeous Shivalik hills. Gangtok and the area around it is known for gorgeous lakes, wonderful views of the Himalayas and stunning and serene monasteries that line up the place.
As tiny as it is, Gangtok still offers a lot to explore. From trekking to boating to spiritual travelling, there are just so many activities to do here and hence so many different reasons to visit. This quaint, beautiful little city is blessed with natural beauty as well as secluded serenity making it the perfect tourist destination.
Gangtok Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Gangtok tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC+05:30
- Currency: Indian Rupee
- Language: Nepali, English and Hindi are predominant languages in Darjeeling. Other languages spoken here are Tibetan, Bhutia and Lepcha.
- Electricity and Internet: Voltage: 220V and 240V AC. For internet , free Wi-Fi access are available in some of the hotels.
- Security: 100 - Police Control Room, 101 – Fire control room, 102 – Ambulance Helpline, 1091 - Women’s Helpline
- Tipping: Tipping is not compulsory in India and hence you can tip in return if you’ve got a good service.
- Do leave a small donation at the monasteries. They are maintained entirely independently with the help of small donations by tourists and benevolent persons.
- Do take the necessary permits before visiting places like Nathu La. You will also need a permit to be in Gangtok if you are not an Indian National.
- Don’t touch anyone’s head. In Buddhist societies the head is considered to be sacred and touching it may be considered to be offensive.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Gangtok and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Gangtok- Know before you go to Gangtok
Gangtok Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Gangtok
- Cities Near Gangtok
- Champasari Tourism
- Matigara Tourism
- Amarpur Tourism
- Jogbani Tourism
- Kishanganj Tourism
- Gorakhpur Tourism
- Sapatgram Tourism
- Ambhua Tourism
- Baidara Tourism
- Palwalgiri Tourism
- Phulhara Tourism
- Ahiran Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Secunderabad Tourism
- Meerut Tourism
- Union City Tourism
- Bradford Tourism
- Krabi Tourism
- Jamshedpur Tourism
- Hoshiarpur Tourism
- Eluru Tourism
- Mohali Tourism
- Bhavnagar Tourism