Enchey Monastery3459 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sikkim 737117, Gangtok, India Map
- Timings: 04:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Monastery
Enchey Monastery is a tiny and yet well-known place in Gangtok. If you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the city but do not want to miss out one its beautiful monasteries, the Enchey Monastery, being quite easy to access is your best option.
Even though it is one of the smaller monasteries, it is absolutely beautiful. The intricately painted window panes are worth noting. The images and carvings of gods and goddesses are quite fascinating to see as well. During January or February (depending on the Tibetan Calendar) they are also host to the Cham dance festival which is visually quite spectacular.
Another very significant aspect of the monastery is the fact that it also is a wonderful vantage point. You will be able to see some amazing sights, especially the Kanchenjunga peak from here, especially early in the morning.
Enchey Monastery Travel Tips
- Make sure your visit doesn’t disturb other worshippers.
Entrance Ticket Details For Enchey Monastery
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Enchey Monastery
- Do check for Public Transport options when you reach. Most tourists prefer to hire a car which is a lot more convenient in this hilly region.
- Saikripa Restaurant
- Parivar Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gangtok before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gangtok and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Enchey Monastery Address: Sikkim 737117, Gangtok, India
- Enchey Monastery Timing: 04:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit Enchey Monastery(preferred time): 07:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Enchey Monastery: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
64.31% of people who visit Gangtok include Enchey Monastery in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
29.67% of people start their Enchey Monastery visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Enchey Monastery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Enchey Monastery
People normally club together House Of Bamboo and Ganesh Tok while planning their visit to Enchey Monastery.