Ganesh Tok5686 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Dichenling Area, Gangtok, Sikkim 737103, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids
Ganesh Tok is a much loved tourist spot in Gangtok. Some say it is the best viewing sport for spectacular vistas of the city. Whether this is true or not, it is certainly a great place to visit while in Gangtok.
There is a small temple dedicated to the Hindu god Ganesh and the area atop a hill is also one of the most popular tourist attractions due to the amazing vistas it provides. You will also found a few small souvenir shops, kiosks and other tiny places along the way and at the top of the hill as well. The Kanchenjunga hill in all its glory can be seen from here and is not to be missed. The best time to witness it is in the morning.
A very interesting thing to do here is to dress up in the traditional clothes to take pictures. The area itself is stunning and all these little eccentricities make it and unforgettable experience.
Ganesh Tok Travel Tips
- Follow the general Hindu rituals while visiting the temple, like leaving your shoes outside the temple.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ganesh Tok
- The rent of the traditional clothes is around 40 INR.
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Ganesh Tok
- Do check for Public Transport options when you reach. Most tourists prefer to hire a car which is a lot more convenient in this hilly region.
- BeliPushpa Restaurant
- Hotel Pomra
- Parivar Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gangtok before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gangtok and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Gangtok include Ganesh Tok in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
45.16% of people start their Ganesh Tok visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Ganesh Tok
93.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ganesh Tok