Menmecho Lake90 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lake Menmecho, Sikkim 737131, Gangtok, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, View Point, Family And Kids, Lake
Located 60 kilometres from Gangtok on the way to Jelepla Pass, Menmecho Lake is famous for Trout fishing and for its stunning, clear waters.
The lake is located at an altitude of 12,500 feet and many visitors love how the lake changes colours to reflect the sky. The surrounding Alpine trees that embrace the mountain slopes of the Himalayas add a charm to the lake while the lake itself is perfect to have a small picnic and take-in the beauty all round.
Menmecho Lake Travel Tips
- Carry bottled water and food with you.
- Try to hire a Cab for the day or rent a bike/car.
Menmecho Lake Hours
- It is recommended you visit the lake in April- May even though winters are loved for the view too.
How to Reach Menmecho Lake
- By hiring a Cab.
- By renting a Bike/ Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gangtok before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gangtok and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.51% of people who visit Gangtok include Menmecho Lake in their plan
66.67% of people start their Menmecho Lake visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Menmecho Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Menmecho Lake