Ropeway Ride4000 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Syari Rd, Deorali Bazar, Gangtok, SK 737102, India Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 110 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Cable Car, Rides, Ropeways
The Ropeway Ride in Gangtok is a real experience to be had. This awesome ride takes hardly 15 to 20 minutes but is a fun way to survey the city of Gangtok.
You have three choices when it comes to the starting point. Deorali is perhaps the most popular but Namnang and Tashiling are equally enjoyable. The lovely city, the mighty mountains that surround it and the stunning Teesta River can all be taken in at one glance through this Ropeway ride.
It is a great way to kick off your Gangtok sightseeing tour. The birds eye vantage point is sure to make you want to explore and find out more about the city. A great place to take photographs from, do certainly add this to your must do list in Gangtok.
Ropeway Ride Travel Tips
- The Ropeway may not operate sometimes due to bad weather conditions.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ropeway Ride
- For adult: 110 INR
- For children below 6 years: 70 INR
- For children below 3 years: free
- Video camera: 100INR
How to Reach Ropeway Ride
- Do check for Public Transport options when you reach. Most tourists prefer to hire a car which is a lot more convenient in this hilly region.
- Hot Lix
- Fusion Restaurant
- Oven in mountain
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gangtok before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gangtok and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ropeway Ride Address: Syari Rd, Deorali Bazar, Gangtok, SK 737102, India
- Ropeway Ride Timing: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm
- Ropeway Ride Price: 110 INR
- Best time to visit Ropeway Ride(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Ropeway Ride: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
73.53% of people who visit Gangtok include Ropeway Ride in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
36.51% of people start their Ropeway Ride visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ropeway Ride
90.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ropeway Ride
People normally club together The Ridge Park and Enchey Monastery while planning their visit to Ropeway Ride.
Ropeway Ride Reviews & Ratings
Probably the best part of Gangtok, the ropeway which gives you a panoramic view of the city was the best part of the Gangtok city tour. At Rs. 117 per person for return ride it offers one of the most amazing view of the city in a perfect way which you won't ever forget. Its a part of the city tour where this is the last point. So, if you visit Gangtok, don't forget to enjoy this amazing view and if you are lucky enough you will be able to enjoy some into the clouds moments which was a little scary but I loved it... check out the full video. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntMAcHjPgE