Shingba Rhododendron SanctuaryCurrently Open
- Address: Yumthang valley, Gangtok, North Sikki, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Nature
The Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary covers an area of 43 square kilometres and is loved for its unique species of rhododendrons. The Yumthang Chhu river that meanders through the valley, adds to its rustic beauty.
The whole valley transports you to a simpler time and the fresh mountain air with the view completes the day trip! Other than the Rhododendrons, the valley is home to trees like Potentillas, Saxifrages, Primulas, Aconites, Poppies and Gentians.
If you are visiting during winter season, the snow capped mountains are a thing to behold while spring is loved for its flowers, lush-greenery and warmer temperature.
Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary Travel Tips
- You can entre the sanctuary with an Organized package tour group only with guide or escort to the valley.
- Ask local for more information
- Carry bottled water and snacks with you. Wearing warm clothes will be helpful especially if you are visiting after 1.00 pm.
Entrance Ticket Details For Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary
- Prices for organised tours/guides vary.
How to Reach Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary
- Taking a Tour inclusive of conveyance.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gangtok before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gangtok and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary Address: Yumthang valley, Gangtok, North Sikki, India
- Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary(preferred time): 08:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary: 08:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
4.43% of people who visit Gangtok include Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
50% of people start their Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary
60.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary
People normally club together Yumthang Valley and Seven Sisters Waterfall while planning their visit to Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary.
People also prefer to end their day with Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary.