Tashi ViewpointCurrently Open
- Address: Gangtok, Sikkim 737107 , India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids
Tashi Viewpoint - Review
The Tashi viewpoint is an interesting way to avail panoramic views of the city of Gangtok right up to the Nathula. Seeing the Kanchenjunga from here is sure to be a lovely experience.
If you go early in the morning, the sunrise is surely quite spectacular. This viewpoint is perhaps the lowest in the city which makes it slightly unfavorable in times of fog when you may not be able to see anything. But on clearer days the place offers lovely views of the city.
The area around it being quite picturesque, the place is a great picnic spot for families. The fresh and yummy food at the local kiosks is another added plus.
Tashi Viewpoint Information
- Most tourists recommend visiting the Hanuman Tok or Ganesh Tok for better views. Visit this one if you are in a hurry or only have a day of sightseeing to spare.
Tashi Viewpoint Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Tashi Viewpoint by Public Transport
- Do check for Public Transport options when you reach. Most tourists prefer to hire a car which is a lot more convenient in this hilly region.
Restaurants Near Tashi Viewpoint
- The Iris Villa
- Hotel Pomar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Gangtok before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gangtok and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tashi Viewpoint
95% of people who visit Gangtok include Tashi Viewpoint in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
30.86% of people start their Tashi Viewpoint visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Tashi Viewpoint
94.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tashi Viewpoint
Tashi Viewpoint Map
Tashi Viewpoint Trips
1 View12 Days 11 Nights12 Day Trip to Gangtok, Pelling, Lachung, Namchi fBy: Guest UserCity: Gangtok, Lachung, Pelling, Namchi
1 View12 Days 11 Nights12 Day Trip to Kolkata, Siliguri, Gangtok from CoiBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Kolkata, Siliguri, Gangtok
Tashi Viewpoint, Gangtok Reviews
Tashi View Point is famous for the most spectacular views of Mt Kanchenjunga in Gangtok. Although we could not see Kanchenjunga because of clouds, the views from this point are anyway beautiful. You get to see both sides of Gangtok from atop this hill - the city side and towards Penlong village (and further) - and both sides are very scenic. The place itself is clean and well-maintained with clean toilets, a small shop and a restaurant. Most of the people visit this site as part of their drive to North Sikkim or local sightseeing.
It is just an elevated view point providing a holistic view of surroundings with lush green hills and clouds floating. Photography in traditional dresses and some eating joints are prominent here. Though the similar view can be easily enjoyed in the journey. Its just a waste of time to visit it. Extra parking charges of Rs. 30 are also being deducted.
Long flight of stairs, amazing view from the top, the reasonably-priced souvenirs shop, fruit vendors selling chopped pineapples, mangoes, etc. With all this and a free space for kids to run around, the place is very welcoming!
This is also one of the wonder of Sikkim. Tashi View Point is that wonderful place to view the Mount Kanchenjunga in very details. Their are Telescopes, Binoculars to take the views of the Great Himalaya. The view point holds a rest house and there are a variety of shops on the Tibetans culture and their daily day life uses utensils.
Always carry binoculars to this place.. travel early to get a good view.. clouds might block the view.. good place to spend time for couples.. cold air and sunny days.. october is best month to get pics
All QuestionsTashi viewpoint
- Sąd Rejonowy
- Starostwo Powiatowe W Płońsku
- Usługi Filmowe Krzysztof Puchała
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Michała
- Kalejdoskop. Kino
- Dbm Studio Bartłomiej Pomianowski
- Nutka. Szkoła Muzyki I Tańca
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Maksymiliana Kolbe
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Niepokalanego Poczęcia NMP
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Wawrzyńca
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Matki Bożej Częstochowskiej
- Parafia Rzymsko-katolicka P.w. Św. Marcina
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Stygmatów św. Franciszka Z Asyżu
- Parafia Rzymsko-katolicka P.w. Ducha Świętego
- Samorządowy Ośrodek Kultury