Tsongmo Lake6636 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Nathu La Pass, Gangtok, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Lake
Also known as Changu Lake, the Tsongmo Lake is most definitely a must visit summer as well as winter site near Gangtok. About 2 hours from the city this serene glacial lake is a lovely retreat for the Sikkim tourist.
The lake has been extremely well-preserved by the authorities and is something of a matter of pride ofr the state. It is also a great Stop over while heading to Nathu la. It looks exceptionally stunning in winter but the roads do tend to be closed then so if you are going in the beginning of winter, it will be the best time to visit it.
You will also find Yaks and other fascinating animals on all the sides of the lake. You can get a Yak ride or dress up in the traditional attire to take pictures.
Tsongmo Lake Travel Tips
- Other than Kiosks you won’t find too many places to eat very close by. It is best to carry lunch if you plan to have a big meal.
- The drive might be slightly bumpy.
- Foreign visitors are not allowed without special permission.
- Best time to visit is March to May and October to December.
How to Reach Tsongmo Lake
- Do check for Public Transport options when you reach. Most tourists prefer to hire a car which is a lot more convenient in this hilly region.
- Parivar Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gangtok before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gangtok and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Gangtok include Tsongmo Lake in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
68.56% of people start their Tsongmo Lake visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Tsongmo Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tsongmo Lake