Tsongmo LakeCurrently Open
- Address: Nathu La Pass, Gangtok, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Safari, Family And Kids, Lake
Tsongmo Lake - Review
Also known as Changu Lake, the Tsongmo Lake is most definitely a must visit summer as well as winter site near Gangtok. About 2 hours from the city this serene glacial lake is a lovely retreat for the Sikkim tourist.
The lake has been extremely well-preserved by the authorities and is something of a matter of pride ofr the state. It is also a great Stop over while heading to Nathu la. It looks exceptionally stunning in winter but the roads do tend to be closed then so if you are going in the beginning of winter, it will be the best time to visit it.
You will also find Yaks and other fascinating animals on all the sides of the lake. You can get a Yak ride or dress up in the traditional attire to take pictures.
Tsongmo Lake Information
- Other than Kiosks you won’t find too many places to eat very close by. It is best to carry lunch if you plan to have a big meal.
- The drive might be slightly bumpy.
- Foreign visitors are not allowed without special permission.
- Best time to visit is March to May and October to December.
How To reach Tsongmo Lake by Public Transport
- Do check for Public Transport options when you reach. Most tourists prefer to hire a car which is a lot more convenient in this hilly region.
Restaurants Near Tsongmo Lake
- Parivar Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Gangtok before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gangtok and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tsongmo Lake
95% of people who visit Gangtok include Tsongmo Lake in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
63.64% of people start their Tsongmo Lake visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Tsongmo Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tsongmo Lake
Tsongmo Lake Map
Tsongmo Lake Trips
1 View8 Days 7 Nights8 Day Trip to Gangtok, Lachung, Darjeeling, Lachen from IndoreBy: Guest UserCity: Gangtok, Lachen, Lachung, Darjeeling
Tsongmo Lake, Gangtok Reviews
Awesome place to visit. One of the best places to visit if you are visiting Gangtok. Very peaceful and neat and clean water. Little issue with the oxygen levels. Can take rope car ride to the top where good view of Kanchenjunga ranges is possible if weather is clear.
It is a beautiful lake situated on the way to Nathula Pass, at an altitude of around 12000 feet from sea level. It has plenty of water inside that gets totally freeze during winters. It has beautiful valley surrounding the lake. People can also enjoy riding of Yak here.
I had been to this place in April 2014 and had the most beautiful experience ever. It is till date the best lake I have been to in India. The mountains were covered with snow and the frequent fog coming in and disappearing was quite an act and amazing. Drives can be a little difficult, but then you can’t expect a smooth NH in places with high altitudes as this. Definitely a must see place.
It is beautiful lake, but may be bit overrated. If you want to enjoy snow, then it is good place. Journey from Gangtok till here is awesome. They should have a point from which you can see this lake fully, without any structure coming in your view.
1. A beautiful lake. 2. Cool breeze 3. Yak ride. (350 for short ride with picture taking, it is actually very short for the money they charge but for an experience it is good. The yaks are beautiful with horns decorated with woolen caps) It is considered a holly one hence no one is allowed to either get into the water or to do boating. If you are interested to boat there is another river on the way to baba temple.
All QuestionsTsongmo lake
- The Whisky Shop Dufftown
- Dufftown Distillery Walk
- Nairn Beach Lochloy Holiday Park
- Mortlach Primary School
- Keith & Dufftown Railway Association
- Dufftown Library
- Joseph Brown & Sons
- Dufftown Tourist Information Centre
- Ballyhalbert Caravan Park
- Kingfisher Upvc South Wales
- D D Racing
- Green Lawn Social Club
- Schools Literacy & Resource Centre
- Helen O'Grady Childrens Drama Academy
- Pontypool & New Inn Railway Station