Alpspitze11 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Alpspitze, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
The Alpspitz mountain is one of the most beautiful mountains around Garmisch-Partenkirchen and is by far one of the favourite hikes for beginners and amateurs. The curious thing about the pyramidal shaped mountain is its visual appeal- the mountain changes colours and appears different in different lights and weather. The summit stands at a height of 2628 meters –a little more than 300 meters short of Zugspitze which is the highest mountain peak in the country!
During summer, a hike along the Osterfelderkopf upstream is preferred to see the wildlife and rich alpine flora around the mountain while the Alpspitz Ferrata is the destination for those looking for a challenging hiking terrain. At the foot of the Alpspitz lie, a couple of restaurants that offer good food with the view and is also where Paragliders begin their flight!
Other highlights include:
- The viewing point at Alpspix from where you can see the Loisachtal, Höllental, and the Zugspitze peaks
- Skiing and snowboarding on the face of the Alpspitz mountain
- The Summit Cross which was erected here in 1946 and has become a popular spot to see the panoramic views of the Alps
- The AlpspiX Viewing Platform that is built 13 meters off the cliff of the mountain
The beauty of the mountain, its curious shape, and its scenic views have made it one of the most popular places in the country for mountain climbers. Make sure you hike a few kilometers here to explore its nooks and crannies even though the cable car rides are tempting.
Alpspitze Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Wear warm clothes and sturdy shoes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Alpspitze
Prices for Garmisch-Classic cable car: Includes one mountain ascent and descent, either in the form of a round trip with the Alpspitzbahn, Hochalmbahn and Kreuzeckbahn cable cars, or just with the Alpspitz-/Hochalmbahn or the Kreuzeckbahn cable cars:
- Adults: 27.00 Euros
- Age 16-18 years: 20.50 Euros
- Children 6-15 years: 15.50 Euros
Alpspitz- Kreuzeckbahn cable car: (one way ride only)
- Adults: 17.00 Euros
- Age 16-18 years: 13.50 Euros
- Children 6-15 years: 10.00 Euros
Garmisch-Classic (Family Prices- parents with children between 6-18 years): Includes one mountain ascent and descent, either in the form of a round trip with the Alpspitzbahn, Hochalmbahn and Kreuzeckbahn cable cars, or just with the Alpspitz-/Hochalmbahn or the Kreuzeckbahn cable cars.
- 1 Adult +1 Child: 32.00 Euros
- 1 Adult +2 Children: 37.00 Euros
- 1 Adult +3 Children: 42.00 Euros
- 2 Adult +1 Child: 59.00 Euros
- 2 Adults +2 Children: 64.00 Euros
- 2 Adults +3 Children: 69.00 Euros
Alpspitz- Kreuzeckbahn cable car one way ride only (Family Prices- parents with children between 6-18 years):
- 1 Adult +1 Child: 22.00 Euros
- 1 Adult +2 Children: 27.00 Euros
- 1 Adult +3 Children: 32.00 Euros
- 2 Adult +1 Child: 39.00 Euros
- 2 Adults +2 Children: 44.00 Euros
- 2 Adults +3 Children: 49.00 Euros
Note: ID is needed as age proof.
- Admission to AlpspiX platform is free
Alpspitzbahn (Cable car to Osterfelderkopf):
- October to February: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- March to June: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- July to September: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
- It runs half-hourly. The last ascent is 30 minutes before the closing time.
How to Reach Alpspitze
- By Cable Car: Alpspitzbahn Bergstation
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Garmisch-partenkirchen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Garmisch-partenkirchen and book an accommodation of your choice.