Pfarrkirche St. Martin2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Pfarrhausweg 4, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +498-8219439140
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids
Dating back to the 1730s, the Parish Church of St. Martin was built in South Baroque German design with a variety of artwork done by various artists. Prior to the 18th century, nearly 750 Irish and Scottish people converted the region of Bavarian Oberland to Christianity. Soon, a small church was built in Garmisch in the region which was dedicated to St. Martin- the most important saint in the Frankish Kingdom. However, by the 18th century, the small church became too small to hold all of its people and hence this church was built using the stones from the castle Werdenfels which was broken down and now lies in ruins. The church was designed by master builder Joseph Schmuzer, the paintings were done by Matthäus Günther and elaborate frescoes seen here are the works of Franz Zwinck. Since its construction in the 1730s, the church has been renovated many times and a church tower was added to complete its structure.
The organ in the church was built by Gerhard Schmid ( Kaufbeuren ) in 1978 while the church tower has 8 bells that ring musically. Come here to see the grand structure, to observe the 300-year old paintings and to see the gorgeous life-sized statues of Apostles, Peter, and Paul created by the famous sculpture, Anton Sturm.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pfarrkirche St. Martin
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
Pfarrkirche St. Martin Hours
Parish office hours:
- Morning: Monday to Friday from 8.00 am – 12.00 pm
- Afternoon: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm
How to Reach Pfarrkirche St. Martin
- By Bus: Garmisch-Partenkirchen (1.3 kilometers away)
- By Train: Garmisch-Partenkirchen (1.3 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle/ E-bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Garmisch-partenkirchen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Garmisch-partenkirchen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pfarrkirche St. Martin Reviews & Ratings
What time is Mass on Saturday Sept. 17, 2022 at Church of St. Martin in Garmisch Patenkirchen?Answer Report Abuse