- Address: Staffelsee, 82418 Seehausen am Staffelsee, Germany, 82418, Garmisch-partenkirchen
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Lake, Picnic Spot, Businesses And Services, Management, Landmarks
Lake Staffelsee is surrounded by Seehausen, Uffing, and Murnau and is one of the most serene places you can find around Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Locals usually hike around the lake to later take a cruise around to explore the seven islands that speckled the lake. The “Worth” island is the largest one of these seven islands.
The lake itself is 7 square kilometers in area, lies 649 meters above the mean sea level and is fed by the Ach river that departs the lake at the north. Not many may think of the lake as a tourist attraction after exploring the gorgeous Alps, but the moment you reach the place you are pampered to picture-perfect views of the Alp mountains rising above the terrain, secluded spots where you can take quiet walks and activities like kayaking and paddle-boarding to explore the seven islands and the shoreline as per one’s wish! Sunsets here are charming (to say the least) and the entire place is apt for finding a cozy spot and having a picnic spread surrounded by the best of nature! A few hotels nearby offer good food and drinks with the view while the lake itself is uncrowded, peaceful and an ideal spot to de-stress and simply be!
Staffelsee Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
Entrance Ticket Details For Staffelsee
- For ticket prices of boat rides, ask local organisers.
- For timings of a round trip of boat ride, ask local organisers.
- Boat rides are operate from April to October.
How to Reach Staffelsee
- By Train: Murnau (2.8 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle/ E-bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Garmisch-partenkirchen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Garmisch-partenkirchen and book an accommodation of your choice.