Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway, Gatlinburg
About Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway, Gatlinburg
Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway, Gatlinburg - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1001 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Ticket Price: 12 USD
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 09:30 am - 09:20 pm Details
Added 16.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Family And Kids, Cable Car, Observation Deck
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Experience the grandeur of Gatlinburg by tram. Enjoy the easy pace of the journey, riding in the Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway. From the tram catch 360-degree views of magnificent panorama of Gatlinburg and the Smokies. Take in the changing seasons and splendour of the mountains. Admire golden and blue hues that seem to stretch infinitely toward the horizon. The tram is a wonderful way to travel to the Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort & Amusement Park. It is conveniently located on the streets of Gatlinburg and is fun for all ages. It also is a great transportation system for people wishing access to the activities on the mountain.
Thus the new era of transportation to the top of Mt. Harrison began. The original cable cars were replaced by a pair of efficient giant vehicles. The cars were purchased from Switzerland and were made of high grade aluminium alloy. Construction of the cars and carriers began in November 2006 and was completed in March 2007.
The proportions of the new vehicles are identical to the cars they replaced. The management used the existing loading docks and towers. The new trams offer 15 percent more glass viewing area. Earlier skiers used their car to wind their way up to the snow covered Mt. Harrison to ski. Then the idea of providing a safer method to reach the ski area was explored and the tramway was born. On August 5, 2013 the Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway celebrated its 40th anniversary. Work is always underway to keep the tramway system modernised. New control panels have been installed and brakes have been replaced to conform to safety standards.
The switching of the first car began on Tuesday, April 24, 2007. The existing tram car was replaced by the new tram cars and a load test was performed. Technicians were brought in from Switzerland and elevator inspectors from Tennessee. The tramway has transported over 18 million passengers since opening. The rides are every 20 minutes with service from downtown Gatlinburg. The ride covers a distance of 2.1 miles to the resort.
Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway Information
- Children under five ride free.
- There is a restaurant at the top as well as a snack bar and a bar.
- The ride is smooth and gentle.
- Strollers must be folded prior to boarding Tram.
- Most of the activities and shops open at 10 am so the later trams are very crowded.
- Appropriate for all ages.
- Handicap accessible.
- Both cameras and video cameras are permitted.
- Park your car downtown and take the tram at Ober Gatlinburg.
Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway Ticket Prices
- Child 5-11: $ 9.50
Restaurants Near Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway
- Bennett's Pit Bar-B-Que: BBQ
- Best Italian Cafe & Pizzeria: Italian, Pizza
- Sidewalk Cafe: Pizza
- Big Daddy's Pizzeria: Pizza
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Gatlinburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gatlinburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway, Gatlinburg Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- The Village Shops
- Cooter's Place In Gatlinburg
- Huskey Branch Falls
- Deer Ridge Mountain Resort
- Best Western Twin Islands
- Crockett's Breakfast Camp
- Carr's Northside Cottages & Motel
- Smoky Mountain Shakes-n-dawgs
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Gatlinburg
- Highlands Condominium Rentals
- Gatlinburg Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Gatlinburg
- What to See in 48 Hours in Gatlinburg
- What to See in 72 Hours in Gatlinburg
- How to Spend 5 Days in Gatlinburg
- How to Spend 6 Days in Gatlinburg
- How to Spend 7 Days in Gatlinburg