Ripley's Aquarium Of The Smokies3081 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 88 River Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8654308808
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Educational Site, Family And Kids
Watch penguins frolicking in their habitat. Discover freshwater stingrays, cardinal tetras, and four-eyed fish. The anableps (four-eyed fish) of South America is the only animal in the world equipped with bifocals! Its eyes are divided horizontally into two sections, one above the water, one below. The anableps can hunt for food while keeping a lookout for predators. There are poison dart frogs, zebra cichlids, armoured catfish, mudskippers and green iguanas in the tropical rainforest. Explore this and more at the Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies.
At the Gallery of The Seas find octopus, sea stars, corals and jellies, animals with wonderful colours and captivating movements. Follow the other visitors and head off to Nature’s Kaleidoscope. Lookout for hundreds of the world’s most effervescent fish darting to and fro. The bright colours of the rainbow are found here. The species are from the waters of the Indo-Pacific and include tangs, damsels, angels and butterflies. In the Ocean Realm you will see fish which burrows in the sand and pebbles and barely leave their homes. Inch through tunnels and look at penguins in their huge indoor and outdoor habitat. View penguins from above and below the water in this exclusive display.
Go to Touch a Ray Bay. In this shallow lagoon guests can reach out and touch rays as they glide by. Their skin is smooth and touching them will not hurt you or the rays. Explore the Sting Ray Bay. Sashaying through the water are Stingrays, tender and demonstrative creatures. In their natural habitat, these animals are shy and cautious and stay buried in the sand. Here they love all the attention they get from the divers. Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies provides a unique variety of educational programs on the ocean environment and marine life.
Ripley's Aquarium Of The Smokies Travel Tips
- Check their website for ticket pricing and buy online to avoid a queue.
- There is quite a bit of walking, but there are benches placed throughout the facility.
- Be sure to visit the Cargo Hold Gift Shop for souvenirs.
- Have a quick bite to eat at the Feeding Frenzy which overlooks the Stingray Bay.
- Educators are on hand to assure the safety of both children and rays.
- They answer any questions regarding these unusual creatures.
- Additional specialized programs are also available for students, teachers, and other social groups.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ripley's Aquarium Of The Smokies
- Each attraction has a different ticket pricing.
- Baskin Robbins Ice Cream & Yogurt: Dessert
- No Way Jose's: Mexican
- Black Bear Tea: Cafe
- Subway: Sandwiches
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gatlinburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gatlinburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Gatlinburg include Ripley's Aquarium Of The Smokies in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
58.98% of people start their Ripley's Aquarium Of The Smokies visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Ripley's Aquarium Of The Smokies
60% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ripley's Aquarium Of The Smokies