Sugarlands Distilling Company715 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 805 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8653251355
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Family And Kids
Travel back in time to the Sugarlands Distilling Company, a traditional distillery which makes mountain style moonshine. It opened in 2014 in Gatlinburg, bringing moonshine in this sunny region. Gatlinburg’s history is steeped with hillbillies. They were self-sufficient mountain folks happy with simple life and shotguns. In these mountains there are hidden stills in leafy hollers.
The air is sweet with the smell of maple wood which is used to make barrels. The early settlers called this place Sugarlands because of the maple trees. The barrels are used to store and age moonshine. On the shelves of Sugarlands store is the signature drink, Silver Cloud. The sour mash moonshine is made using traditional devices and modern procedures. There is a subtle flavour of fresh corn and sweet cotton along with a smooth and mellow balance. This adds kick to the moonshine. There are five additional varieties of award-winning moonshine. Appalachian Apple Pie, Blockader’s Blackberry, Butterscotch Gold, Old Fashioned Lemonade and Southern Sweet Tea. Butterscotch Gold moonshine boasts a creamy caramel and butter flavour. The smell is like brown sugar and kettle corn from the district fair.
Sugarlands Distilling Company makes its moonshine by grinding grains like corn and rye in an artisanal stone mill. It is turned into a meal, and then mixed with pure Smoky Mountain water. Some are moved to a giant cooker, and then transferred to a fermenter to simmer for a few days. Each batch of shine is distilled a total of six times, guaranteeing high quality and unparalleled flavour. Sugarlands Distilling Company has come up with several varieties of moonshine cocktails. Watch them on video. The most popular moonshine cocktails include versions of margaritas, mint juleps and spritzers.
Tourists can try multiple shine flavours at the distillery’s “Sippin’ Posts” and shop for branded clothing and novelty items. Sugarlands is also offering “Moonshining in the Mountains” motor tours, and half-day hikes. Do a backcountry trek and dine with them or try overnight camping. Guides also help with biking, camping, and horse rides. For ardent lovers of fishing trips, give this a crack.
Sugarlands Distilling Company Travel Tips
- Entry is free.
- Moonshine becomes legal once a business acquires a license and pay taxes.
- Our informative distillery tours and Back Stage musical performances are family friendly and open to all ages.
- Our moonshine is gluten free. None of the gluten proteins carry over through the distillation process.
- Gigi's Cupcakes: American
- Five Guys: American
- Fudge Shoppe of the Smokies: American
- Dunkin' Donuts: Bakery
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gatlinburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gatlinburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Sugarlands Distilling Company Address: 805 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, United States
- Sugarlands Distilling Company Contact Number: +1-8653251355
- Sugarlands Distilling Company Timing: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Best time to visit Sugarlands Distilling Company(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Sugarlands Distilling Company: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
25.02% of people who visit Gatlinburg include Sugarlands Distilling Company in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50% of people start their Sugarlands Distilling Company visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sugarlands Distilling Company
77.78% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sugarlands Distilling Company
People normally club together Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum and Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery while planning their visit to Sugarlands Distilling Company.