Gaziantep Castle352 Votes Currently Open
- Address: City Center, Gaziantep, Turkey Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Mosque, River, Observatory, Castle, Historical Site, Statue, Family And Kids, Tower, Monastery
Sitting right in the middle of the city is the mysterious yet intimidating castle of Gaziantep. What was supposed to be just an observation tower in the Roman period eventually became a humongous structure that it is now. Its present form was given to it by a Byzantine emperor in the sixth century. 100 metres in diameter and 1200 metres in width, this castle has 12 towers and bastions. Highlights include:
- Remains of baths, cisterns and mosques
- The halls, the galleries and the corridors
- The view of the river
- Saint Nerses Church and the Barsavma monastery
- A 75m deep well
- Long winding hallways and beautiful statues
Gaziantep Castle Travel Tips
- Restoration might be in progress. Call up the tourism office and confirm if the place is open for public.
- Do not forget to bargain if you shop at the bazaar near the castle.
How to Reach Gaziantep Castle
- Bus: OtobusDuragi@TislakiMh
- Baklavaci Suat Usta
- Yener Usta'ninYeri
- Guner Pideve Lahmacun
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gaziantep before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gaziantep and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Gaziantep Castle Address: City Center, Gaziantep, Turkey
- Gaziantep Castle Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Gaziantep Castle(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 02:30 pm
- Time required to visit Gaziantep Castle: 02:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
68.62% of people who visit Gaziantep include Gaziantep Castle in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
90.91% of people start their Gaziantep Castle visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Gaziantep Castle
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gaziantep Castle
People normally club together Medusa Cam Eserler Muzesi and Bakircilar Carsisi while planning their visit to Gaziantep Castle.