Kurtulus Cami MosqueCurrently Closed
- Address: TepebasI Mahallesi, Gaziantep, Turkey
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-3422305969
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Garden, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tower, Architecture
This is a famous religious site in Gaziantep and one of the most sacred in the whole of Turkey. It was built in the year 1892 and did go through a lot of problems due to the turbulent history of the city. But recently they have taken to restore the place. Not only is the place known for its religious reach but also for its strong architecture. Also the construction is unique. The walls of the building have alternate black and white stone bands. This museum is one of the most intimidating sights in the whole of Gaziantep. Highlights include:
- First a church, then a prison, now a mosque. The hybrid of all these architectures is visible if you look closely.
- The garden
- The gothic architecture
- Dome of the prayer hall
- The minaret that used to be a bell tower.
- Call up the place before you go to confirm whether it is open to public. Restoration in progress.
- The interiors can be visited during non-prayer hours as well.
- Bus: OtobusDuragi@AllebenMh.
- Bakisgan Restaurant
- Kadir UstaKebapve Lahmacun
- Turkuaz Kebap
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Gaziantep before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gaziantep and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.49% of people who visit Gaziantep include Kurtulus Cami Mosque in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
74.19% of people start their Kurtulus Cami Mosque visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Kurtulus Cami Mosque
76.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kurtulus Cami Mosque