- Address: Merkez Kasaba Village | Yavuzeli, Gaziantep,Turkey
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-3422305969
- Ticket Price: 10 TRY
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Mosque, Cave, River, Castle, Historical Site, Dine In, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Boating, Fort
RumKale is a fortress on the river Euphrates. It means- Roman Castle. In its past it has been a home to Armenian and Byzentine warlords. It has also housed the supreme head of the Armenian Church. This fortress had been captured by the Egyptians towards the end of the thirteenth century. Surrounded by water, this huge structure is accessible only by boats. Highlights include:
- The boat ride
- The mosque and its minaret
- The famous Fresh fish meal and olive salad available at the riverside restaurants
- Hidden caves
- Avoid going if the weather is foggy.
- Due to the building of a dam, the place has been flooded and inaccessible for some time. Call the tourism office and confirm if the place is open for public.
- Hourly boat rides from the Gaziantep coast.
- Metanet Lokantasi
- Ercelebi Komurde Kaday If
- Katmerci Zekeriya Usta
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Gaziantep before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gaziantep and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.33% of people who visit Gaziantep include Rumkale in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
85.71% of people start their Rumkale visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Rumkale
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rumkale