National Wool Museum653 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 26 Moorabool Street, Geelong VIC 3220, Australia
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-352724701
- Ticket Price: 8 AUD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
The wool industry was in import part of Geelong history and its influences can be seen to this day in the culture and architecture of the place. The museum showcases the role, played by the wool-industry, in shaping Geelong. There is a sock weaving machine as well as a large 1910 Axminster carpet loom that still runs on weekends. He museum itself is housed in a former wool-store, 1872 bluestone building. There is also a gift shop on the premises.
Entrance Ticket Details For National Wool Museum
- Concession: $6.50 AUD
- Child: $4.50 AUD
- Family: $25.00 AUD (2 adults and up to 4 children)
- Group admission: $ 6.00 AUD per person (for 15+ people)
- Schools: $4.25 AUD per student
National Wool Museum Hours
- Closed on Good Friday.
- Sailors' Rest
- Black Bull Tapas Bar & Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Geelong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Geelong and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Geelong include National Wool Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
60.66% of people start their National Wool Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see National Wool Museum
63.48% of people prefer walking in order to reach National Wool Museum