The Carousel, Geelong
About The Carousel, Geelong
The Carousel, Geelong - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1 Eastern Beach Rd, Geelong VIC 3220, Australia
Ticket Price: 5 AUD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.8K times in trip plans
Waterfront, Landmark, Cafe, Restaurant, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Carousel is an iconic Geelong landmark. The Carousel was originally built in 1892 and subsequently restored in 1996. It features 36 Dare horses and 2 chariots and is one of only 200 such carousels operating around the world. It is a must visit in Geelong for people of all ages. The waterfront views add to the charm of this historic fun attraction. Ice creams, confectionaries and snacks are available at the Carousel pavilion.
The Carousel Information
- The mobility lift enables a wheelchair to go on the Carousel ride.
- Trading hours are subject to change due to private functions.
- Entry to the Carousel Pavilion is free, only those actually riding the Carousel need to buy a ticket.
The Carousel Ticket Prices
- Children: $4.00 AUD
- Concession: $4.00 AUD
- Multiride Tickets: $35.00 AUD
The Carousel Opening and Closing Hours
- Special timings apply in the festive season and on occasions.
Restaurants Near The Carousel
- Sailors' Rest
- Wharf Shed Cafe
- Le Parisien
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Geelong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Geelong and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Carousel, Geelong Reviews - Write a Review
Went on with my 3yr old and she loved it. Excellent bay views.
Beautiful place. Lovely restored carousel. Nice views
New icon for Geelong's waterfront is this ornate 19th-century hand- carved carousel.
Great place for kids, good coffee and at Christmas they have a Santa drop box where a letter is then sent to your child in the mail
Always looked closed during the day. They need some day time lights. Great for kids. The building it is in is pretty ordinary. The carousel is lovely.
- Nearby Attractions
- Gillian’s Fish & Chips
- 48 Malop St
- Geelong Railway Station
- Vue Apartments
- The Heights Heritage House And Garden
- Little Creatures Brewery Geelong
- Geelong Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Geelong
- What to See in 48 Hours in Geelong
- What to See in 72 Hours in Geelong
- How to Spend 5 Days in Geelong
- How to Spend 6 Days in Geelong
- How to Spend 7 Days in Geelong