The CarouselCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1 Eastern Beach Rd, Geelong VIC 3220, Australia
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-352241547
- Ticket Price: 5 AUD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Waterfront, Landmark, Cafe, Restaurant, Entertainment, Family And Kids
The Carousel - Review
The Carousel is an iconic Geelong landmark. The Carousel was originally built in 1892 and subsequently restored in 1996. It features 36 Dare horses and 2 chariots and is one of only 200 such carousels operating around the world. It is a must visit in Geelong for people of all ages. The waterfront views add to the charm of this historic fun attraction. Ice creams, confectionaries and snacks are available at the Carousel pavilion.
The Carousel Information
- The mobility lift enables a wheelchair to go on the Carousel ride.
- Trading hours are subject to change due to private functions.
- Entry to the Carousel Pavilion is free, only those actually riding the Carousel need to buy a ticket.
The Carousel Ticket Prices
- Children: $4.00 AUD
- Concession: $4.00 AUD
- Multiride Tickets: $35.00 AUD
The Carousel Opening and Closing Hours
- Special timings apply in the festive season and on occasions.
Restaurants Near The Carousel
- Sailors' Rest
- Wharf Shed Cafe
- Le Parisien
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Geelong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Geelong and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Carousel
95% of people who visit Geelong include The Carousel in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
43% of people start their The Carousel visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Carousel
79.03% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Carousel
The Carousel Map
The Carousel Trips
1 View15 Days 14 Nights15 Day Trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, GeelonBy: Guest UserCity: Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Geelong
The Carousel, Geelong Reviews
Kids loved it. Ladies in ticket office were very blunt. Had to pay for my 2 month old because I had to hold him while supervising my 4yo.
I love it. The carousel is just beautiful and the ride was fun as well.
Lovely place for children to have a go on a musical horse carouse. Will enchant children and adults alike, also has a few seating options allowing for adults to ride with younger children who can't sit on the horses by themselves or if they wish, can stand with the child supporting them on the horse modelled seats
Ride went for much longer than anticipated. Very good value for money.
Five minutes for five dollars. Adults can ride. Has a weight restriction thou. Beautiful place to take the kids for a fun day out.... Pack a picnic then head to the beach, free BBQs available.
All QuestionsThe carousel
- St Elizabeth Catholic Church
- Aldersgate Camp And Retreat Center
- Church Of God Ravenna
- Williams Memorial Baptist Church
- Mt Carmel Christian Church
- Francis Srs Of St
- Providence Baptist Church
- Rockford Church Of Christ
- Coosa County School Bus Garage
- Alabama Christian Service
- Rockford Baptist Church
- Hatchet Creek Hunting Club House
- Central Baptist Association
- Rockford Library
- First Baptist Church