The Carousel is an iconic Geelong landmark. The Carousel was originally built in 1892 and subsequently restored in 1996. It features 36 Dare horses and 2 chariots and is one of only 200 such carousels operating around the world. It is a must visit in Geelong for people of all ages. The waterfront views add to the charm of this historic fun attraction. Ice creams, confectionaries and snacks are available at the Carousel pavilion.
The Carousel Travel Tips
- The mobility lift enables a wheelchair to go on the Carousel ride.
- Trading hours are subject to change due to private functions.
- Entry to the Carousel Pavilion is free, only those actually riding the Carousel need to buy a ticket.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Carousel
- Children: $4.00 AUD
- Concession: $4.00 AUD
- Multiride Tickets: $35.00 AUD
The Carousel Hours
- Special timings apply in the festive season and on occasions.
- Sailors' Rest
- Wharf Shed Cafe
- Le Parisien
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Geelong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Geelong and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.3% of people who visit Geelong include The Carousel in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
43.16% of people start their The Carousel visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Carousel
54.35% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Carousel