Geiranger is a petite village extravagantly blessed with the beauty of nature strategically occupying a part to the west of Norway in the in Sunnmore region of More og Romsdal county. The Geiranger village is to be seen to be believed. A visit to this part of Norway would make one question the existence of this heavenly beauty on earth. The village is rich with lush green vegetation, snow capped mountains, magnificent waterfalls and the deep blue Fjord. A sightseeing trip will give you a panoramic view of the beauty this village possesses. Another way to witness the bliss of Geiranger is to take the curvy roads that wrench to Dalsnibba, Flydalsjuvet and Ornesvingen.
When it comes to attractions, the little village does not have to bank on the artificial (manmade) ones. Nature has contributed largely to make the place one of the best tourist destinations of the world. The uniqueness of Geiranger created an urge for it to be included in the UNESCO’s world heritage list. The Art Nouveau city of Alesund is where the popular Fjord begins to exhibit its natural beauty from. A fjord tour that’s inclusive of a tour guide is the best way to witness the tourism part of Geiranger, Norway. Dalsnibba being the most appealing attraction of Geiranger, its mountain top is referred to as the ultimate tourist spot in the village.
On a visit to Norway, you definitely can’t miss out on this paradise like village loaded with adventurous outdoor activities and the kiss of nature. The awe-inspiring Fjord and waterfalls, especially the Seven Sisters, the Suitor and the Bridal Veil are sure to amp your holiday experience and are a must visit in Geiranger. From the Oslo airport, Geiranger is a pleasant drive away.
Essential travel information and Geiranger tips for your visit
- Transport is not easily available in Geiranger.
- Do not try to swim through the Fjord. Drowning may be a risk.
- Booking a tour advance is much recommended.
- Geiranger may get foggy during summers as well. However, you can still manage to see the waterfalls.
- Taking pictures may not be possible due to fog.
- As the area is hilly; make sure you carry suitable footwear.
- Due to the additional barriers on the mountain track driving up and down now is less tramatic.
- Visit the place during May and July to get a good glimpse of the magnificent waterfalls.
Geiranger Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Geiranger. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Geiranger trip planner.