How to Reach Geiranger
The Easiest Way to Reach Geiranger
- By Air: Alesund is the closest city to Geiranger. The fastest way to get in Geiranger is through the Alesund Airport.
- By Car /Motorcycle: The route to Geiranger is a mountain pass with hairpin turns. (Recommended route- route 63)
- By Bus: The shuttle bus service takes route 63 to get in Geiranger from Alesund. There are also busses from Åndalsnes, however, only during summer.
- By Boat: There are eight daily departures: 1st June -2nd September, Four Daily Departures: 1st May-1st June, 3rd September -30th September, Two Daily Ferries from Valldal: 20th June-20th Augus, Summer service 15th April-14th September.
- By Train: Norway has daily train departures within the country. The Norwegian state railway connects Oslo and Trondheim to Adalsnes. A bus can be taken from Adalsnes to Alesund and then Geiranger.
- Hellesylt Ferry: A comfortable journey around Geiranger with a background commentary in three languages; English, Norwegian and German. The ferry also has a snack bar and a lounge.
- Tour Boats: Tour boats along the Norway fjord are an option but not really recommended.
- By bike/ Taxi: You can also get around Geiranger by renting a bike or taxi.