Are you looking for what to do in Geneva?
PLACES TO SEE
- Lake Geneva: Around the lake, you can stroll on the promenades, go for a dip at Bains de Paquis, or relax in one of the many parks or cafes dotted along the bank. You can also take a boat cruise around the lake to get a unique view of the city.
- The Old Town: After visiting Saint Peter’s Cathedral, you can take a wander through the cobblestone streets and explore all that Geneva’s has to offer. The Maison Tavel (the oldest house in the city) or the Art and History Museum, as well as fascinating antique boutiques are well worth a visit.
- Voltaire Museum: Opened in 1954, the museum is an ode to Voltaire. You will come across several artefacts from his life and the history of his life and times has been beautifully preserved here.
- Brunswick Monument: The Brunswick Monument is simply breath-taking and one of the most prized possessions of the city of Geneva. Architecturally, the monument is nothing short of spectacular and in many ways depicts the character of this lovely city quite aptly.
- St. Peter’s Cathedral: Made perhaps in 1160, this famous church is rather well-known as the as the place where John Calvin gave his holy speech during the middle of the 16th century. In fact you can still find the seat from which he delivered this speech inside the church. In 1563 the place was transformed from a catholic to a protestant place of worship by him.
- Le Brasserie: This one isn’t far from the pain train station. You will get good food at decent prices and because they brew their own beer it is cheaper and tastier.
- Shaker’s: The Cocktails at shakers are famous or rather infamous for their potency. There is a pretty neat dance floor and great music as well.
Below we have a list of things to do in Geneva and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Geneva getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Geneva with confidence.