Genoa CathedralCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Piazza San Lorenzo 16123 Genoa, Italy
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-010265786
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Observatory, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Neighborhoods
While the Byzantine style of architecture is common is many cathedrals of Italy, what is striking about this one is an array of marvelous paintings that the cathedral flaunts with great ardor. With unique design and construction the surprising are the Corkscrew pillars that alternate with round and the usual pinkish hues of the stone sometime seem deep and then light and then look like ochre; depending on the position of the sun.
Also interesting is the large bomb of world war 2 which hit the cathedral but never exploded! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Genoa itinerary 1 day.
- The peace of religious place should be maintained at all times.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- Photography without permission is prohibited.
- By train to De Ferrari station.
- Sa pesta
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Genoa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Genoa and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.07% of people who visit Genoa include Genoa Cathedral in their plan
55.92% of people start their Genoa Cathedral visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Genoa Cathedral
92.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Genoa Cathedral