Genoa CathedralCurrently Open
- Address: Piazza San Lorenzo 16123 Genoa, Italy Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-010265786
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Observatory, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Neighborhoods
While the Byzantine style of architecture is common is many cathedrals of Italy, what is striking about this one is an array of marvelous paintings that the cathedral flaunts with great ardor. With unique design and construction the surprising are the Corkscrew pillars that alternate with round and the usual pinkish hues of the stone sometime seem deep and then light and then look like ochre; depending on the position of the sun.
Also interesting is the large bomb of world war 2 which hit the cathedral but never exploded! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Genoa itinerary 1 day.
Genoa Cathedral Travel Tips
- The peace of religious place should be maintained at all times.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- Photography without permission is prohibited.
How to Reach Genoa Cathedral
- By train to De Ferrari station.
- Sa pesta
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Genoa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Genoa and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Genoa Cathedral Address: Piazza San Lorenzo 16123 Genoa, Italy
- Genoa Cathedral Contact Number: +39-010265786
- Genoa Cathedral Timing: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Genoa Cathedral(preferred time): 09:00 am - 11:00 am
- Time required to visit Genoa Cathedral: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
42.28% of people who visit Genoa include Genoa Cathedral in their plan
55.92% of people start their Genoa Cathedral visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Genoa Cathedral
92.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Genoa Cathedral
People normally club together Via Garibaldi and Palazzo Ducale while planning their visit to Genoa Cathedral.