How to Reach Genoa
How to reach Genoa
- By Plane: The main airport of the city Aeroporto di Genova - Cristoforo Colombo is well-connected other major European cities like Rome, London, Munich, Paris and Madrid. There are frequent flights to Genoa and you can reach the city centre by taking hired taxi or a shuttle.
- By Train: There are two train stations in Genoa- Brignole and Principe serving trains to and from Milan, Turin, Rome, Tuscany and France. Genoa travel by train is a reasonable option.
- By Road: Genoa is well-connected by road with the various highways and there are a number of Euroline coaches from various European countries if you don’t want to hire a taxi or drive-yourself car. Genoa travel guide recommends opting for the Euroline coaches.
- By Boat: Genoa is an important port and has various ferry services from Barcelona (Spain), Valletta (Malta), Bastia (Corsica), Olbia and Porto Torres (Sardinia), Palermo (Sicily), Tangier (Morocco) and Tunis (Tunisia). Genoa cruises are fun to be on.
- The best way to get around is by the public transport. The bus service is pretty efficient and you can opt for it to get around the city. Also recommended id the underground train service wherein you can buy the tickets in bulk which makes the travel in the city very reasonable.
- Getting around by rented taxi or car is not recommended by the Genoa vacation planner because of the extremely crowded streets and the traffic. Also, getting a parking spot is tedious hence opt for public transport and enjoy the city tour without any hassle.
- For some tourist spots, a boat ride is also available.
Modes of Transportation in Genoa
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Genoa. The most preferred mode of transport in Genoa is Walking.
Average distance: 21.18 km Average time: 47.55 min
Walking 36.36%Walking 43.75 min Motorbike 10 min Overall average time for 4.75 kms 53.75 min
Train/Metro 27.27%Train 39 min Driving 10 min Walking 8.33 min Waiting 4.67 min Other 3.33 min Bus 1.33 min Overall average time for 44 kms 66.67 min
Car 36.36%Driving 25.75 min Walking 1.25 min Overall average time for 20.5 kms 27 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Ravenna
- How To Reach Palermo
- How To Reach Rimini
- How To Reach Bergamo
- How To Reach Lucca
- How To Reach Alghero
- How To Reach Como
- How To Reach Bellagio
- How To Reach Manarola
- How To Reach Riomaggiore
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Rome
- How To Reach Florence
- How To Reach Venice
- How To Reach Naples
- How To Reach Cinque Terre
- How To Reach Milan
- How To Reach Positano
- How To Reach Catania
- How To Reach Padua
- How To Reach Siena