How to Reach Genoa
- By Plane: The main airport of the city Aeroporto di Genova - Cristoforo Colombo is well-connected other major European cities like Rome, London, Munich, Paris and Madrid. There are frequent flights to Genoa and you can reach the city centre by taking hired taxi or a shuttle.
- By Train: There are two train stations in Genoa- Brignole and Principe serving trains to and from Milan, Turin, Rome, Tuscany and France. Genoa travel by train is a reasonable option.
- By Road: Genoa is well-connected by road with the various highways and there are a number of Euroline coaches from various European countries if you don’t want to hire a taxi or drive-yourself car. Genoa travel guide recommends opting for the Euroline coaches.
- By Boat: Genoa is an important port and has various ferry services from Barcelona (Spain), Valletta (Malta), Bastia (Corsica), Olbia and Porto Torres (Sardinia), Palermo (Sicily), Tangier (Morocco) and Tunis (Tunisia). Genoa cruises are fun to be on.
- The best way to get around is by the public transport. The bus service is pretty efficient and you can opt for it to get around the city. Also recommended id the underground train service wherein you can buy the tickets in bulk which makes the travel in the city very reasonable.
- Getting around by rented taxi or car is not recommended by the Genoa vacation planner because of the extremely crowded streets and the traffic. Also, getting a parking spot is tedious hence opt for public transport and enjoy the city tour without any hassle.
- For some tourist spots, a boat ride is also available.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Genoa. The most preferred mode of transport in Genoa is Walking.
Average distance: 16.89 km Average time: 40.31 min
Walking 37.5%Walking 35 min Motorbike 6.67 min Waiting 1.67 min Train 1.33 min Bus 0.83 min Overall average time for 4.7 kms 45.5 min
Train/Metro 18.75%Train 39 min Driving 10 min Walking 8.33 min Waiting 4.67 min Other 3.33 min Bus 1.33 min Overall average time for 44 kms 66.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.25%Bus 20 min Waiting 2 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 8 kms 24 min
Car 31.25%Driving 23.6 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 17.4 kms 24.6 min
Motorbike 6.25%Motorbike 25 min Overall average time for 15 kms 25 min
|Rapallo to Genoa||33.85 km||33 mins|
|Alessandria to Genoa||65.64 km||1 hour 5 mins|
|Levanto to Genoa||80.31 km||1 hour 20 mins|
|Pavia to Genoa||88.99 km||1 hour 28 mins|
|La spezia to Genoa||94.36 km||1 hour 34 mins|
|Imperia to Genoa||114.9 km||1 hour 54 mins|
|Milan to Genoa||119.75 km||1 hour 59 mins|
|Samarate to Genoa||134.92 km||2 hours 14 mins|
|Cassano d'adda to Genoa||138.78 km||2 hours 18 mins|
|Cremona to Genoa||146.23 km||2 hours 26 mins|