How to Reach Genoa
The Easiest Way to Reach Genoa
- By Plane: The main airport of the city Aeroporto di Genova - Cristoforo Colombo is well-connected other major European cities like Rome, London, Munich, Paris and Madrid. There are frequent flights to Genoa and you can reach the city centre by taking hired taxi or a shuttle.
- By Train: There are two train stations in Genoa- Brignole and Principe serving trains to and from Milan, Turin, Rome, Tuscany and France. Genoa travel by train is a reasonable option.
- By Road: Genoa is well-connected by road with the various highways and there are a number of Euroline coaches from various European countries if you don’t want to hire a taxi or drive-yourself car. Genoa travel guide recommends opting for the Euroline coaches.
- By Boat: Genoa is an important port and has various ferry services from Barcelona (Spain), Valletta (Malta), Bastia (Corsica), Olbia and Porto Torres (Sardinia), Palermo (Sicily), Tangier (Morocco) and Tunis (Tunisia). Genoa cruises are fun to be on.
- The best way to get around is by the public transport. The bus service is pretty efficient and you can opt for it to get around the city. Also recommended id the underground train service wherein you can buy the tickets in bulk which makes the travel in the city very reasonable.
- Getting around by rented taxi or car is not recommended by the Genoa vacation planner because of the extremely crowded streets and the traffic. Also, getting a parking spot is tedious hence opt for public transport and enjoy the city tour without any hassle.
- For some tourist spots, a boat ride is also available.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Genoa and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Genoa
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Genoa. The most preferred mode of transport in Genoa is Walking.
Average distance: 21.18 km Average time: 47.55 min
Walking 36.36%Walking 43.75 min Motorbike 10 min Overall average time for 4.75 kms 53.75 min
Train/Metro 27.27%Train 39 min Driving 10 min Walking 8.33 min Waiting 4.67 min Other 3.33 min Bus 1.33 min Overall average time for 44 kms 66.67 min
Car 36.36%Driving 25.75 min Walking 1.25 min Overall average time for 20.5 kms 27 min
- How to reach Cities Near Genoa
- How to reach Brandizzo
- How to reach Molassana
- How to reach Solaro
- How to reach Scalenghe
- How to reach Corteno Golgi
- How to reach Polverara
- How to reach San Vittore
- How to reach Malpaga
- How to reach Trana
- How to reach Colle
- How to reach Carbonate
- How to reach Burolo
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Jamison
- How to reach Saratoga Springs
- How to reach Millbrae
- How to reach Zirad
- How to reach Gera
- How to reach Gföhl
- How to reach Gfalls
- How to reach St Charles
- How to reach Thuckalay
- How to reach Tiruchendur