Palazzo Ducale536 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza Giacomo Matteotti, 9, 16123 Genova, Italy, 16123, Genoa
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0105574000
- Fax: +39-0105574001
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Museums, Observatory, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
Located in the heart of city with a construction dating back as long as the 13th century, this palace was once a home to the Doges of Genoa and now is an important museum as well as cultural centre of the city. With two magnificent entrances, one on the Piazza Matteotti and the other on Piazza de Ferrari, Doge’s palace is what a grand home of a royal Italian looks like. With great fresco, amazing ceiling and enthralling gardens with picturesque water fountains, the museum shares a great piece of art from the renaissance period.
The exquisite Piano Nobel hall is a home to many art and photography exhibits that are worth catching up. The place has reserved areas for private functions and the roof-top restaurant will surely make you fall in love with the view of the place. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Genoa itinerary 1 day.
Palazzo Ducale Travel Tips
- Indoor photography is allowed, so don’t forget your camera.
- Many exhibitions and cultural events take place from time to time, the information of which can be obtained locally.
- Free audio guide is available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Palazzo Ducale
- Ticket price depends on the exhibits the events.
Palazzo Ducale Hours
- The palace is open on all days.
- The exhibitions are closed on Mondays.
- Ticket office is open from Tuesdays to Sundays from 09.00n am to 06.30 pm.
How to Reach Palazzo Ducale
- Train to the Piazza De Ferrari stop.
- Le cantine sqaurciafico
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Genoa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Genoa and book an accommodation of your choice.
34.65% of people who visit Genoa include Palazzo Ducale in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
46.6% of people start their Palazzo Ducale visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Palazzo Ducale
53.61% of people prefer walking in order to reach Palazzo Ducale