Are you looking for what to do in Genting Highlands?
Genting highlands tourist attractions are packed with fun and excitement. This ‘fun city in the clouds’ has a host of things to do and you can never get enough of it. If visiting with kids, Genting Highlands is a dream-come-true!
Places to visit in Genting Highlands
- Genting Strawberry Leisure Farm: This delightful farm that is always bloomed with luscious, red strawberries allows the visitors to pluck the farm fresh strawberries of their choice. The visitors’ can also enjoy admiring the nature’s bounty of various mushrooms, fresh organic bean sprouts and potted plants like orchids and cacti. You can also visit the lavender farm just next to the strawberry farm.
- While in the Genting strawberry leisure farm, visitors can pick also enjoy the strawberry treats served at the charming cafe in the farm. Also, the packed farm products and the souvenirs from the shop are a great take-away. A unique option for sightseeing in Genting Highlands!
- Chin Swee Cave Temple: The Chin Swee Caves Temple is situated in the most scenic site of Genting Highlands, 4600 feet above the sea level. Within the Temple is seated a black statue of the Reverend Master Chin Swee who has long been referred to as a deity in Fujian Province for his supernatural abilities to summon rain and drive away evil spirits. The Temple attracts many local and foreign devotees from Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand and China.
- Genting Highlands Theme Park: A must-do on Genting Highlands itinerary planner, A dream world for the kids, the Genting Highlands theme park has excellent set of activities for all ages and is one of the prime attractions of Genting Highlands. While the first world theme park is an outstanding choice in itself, the snow world and the 20th century Fox world is a great way to spend your time in Genting Islands. The theme park also has exciting events happening all the time of the year. If that doesn’t amaze you, you can simply pick any movie and watch it at the indoor theatre. The food court has yummies to offer and if watching movies is too plain and simple then try out the bowling. The bowling is a part of the play all day scheme of the theme park and you can enjoy it even at midnight.
- Also offered are the roller coaster rides and slow moving ferry wheels for multiplying the level of enjoyment! The visitors can also visit the 4D Motion Master theatrical ride; Genting Sky Venture, a wind tunnel to simulate sky diving; Haunted Adventure, a funicular train ride into a horror house; and Rainforest Splash Pool, a heated indoor water park. Genting Highland itineraries are for fun lovers!
- Finally, shoppers can browse from a range of goods that include fashion apparel, electronics, jewellery, souvenirs, bags, shoes and leather from over 90 retail outlets. Shopping in Genting Highlands is a feast for the likes of it. If hungry, there are many restaurants available.
- Snow World: Experience snow in Malaysia and in style! Snow world in the theme park is a must do on Genting Highlands trip planner and is a great way to feel the chill and carve your own snowman. The snow world is not just about an artificial snow park but also has different attractions and intricately designed interiors that will make you travel into a world of snow. You can walk through The Winter Downtown + World Heritage Concept which has authentic streets as animated and rhythmic lights twinkle from the windows of the shops which houses an English Tea Shop, a French Bakery, an Italian Pizzeria as well as shops displaying Spanish red wine, Dutch clogs and Swiss chocolates to experience the culture and heritage of different countries. You have to see the day-Night LED Light Animation Scheme, visit the lookout point, the warm house and have fun at the Play Slide for the Cresta Run Toboggan Slide and a grand Snow all Time.
- Casino de Genting: For a sophisticated gaming experience, casino de Genting- Asia’s largest casino is where you should try your luck at. Located 6000 feet above the sea level, Casino de Genting has a series of table games like Baccarat, Black jack, Roulette, electronic table games, slots and jackpots to make fortune while having fun. To add to the excitement and fun, the casino has events and tournaments happening all round the year! For experiencing the Genting Highlands nightlife, you can also visit the Star world Casino, the Hollywood Casino and Monte Carlo casino which are in the various hotels of Genting Highlands.
- First World Plaza and Indoor Theme Park: This is the reason why Genting Highlands is named popularly as the ‘fun city in the clouds’. The first world plaza is a ‘fun for everyone’ destination in Genting Highlands that offers games and rides and is perfect for a nice family time. The rides for the children include - Busy bugs, circus ride, Funland-where kids can play their heart out and family rides like Rio float, Reindeer Cruiser and a mini-train ride which takes the visitors through the entire theme park. Genting Highlands Vacation Planner recommended!
- The in-house vision city video games park is for those who love playing video-games- kids or adults. Snooker tables, playgrounds and online gaming are also available.
- The First World Plaza is as bright inside as its multi-coloured facade, with cartoonish statues, neon lights and overhanging numerous replicas of international landmarks, such as the Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower and Petronas Twin Towers scattered randomly throughout the mall.
What to do in Genting Highlands:
Apart from the sensational theme parks and rides, Genting highlands also offers a great pick for adventure activities.
- Trekking in Genting Highlands is quite popular.
- Paragliding in Genting Highlands is a bit expensive but fun activity
Below we have a list of things to do in Genting Highlands and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Genting Highlands getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Genting Highlands with confidence.