Best Time To Visit Gettysburg
Humid continental climate is what Gettysburg experiences, owing to its location. The average temperature is around 11.4 degrees Celsius. Pretty much with an extreme climate, you ought to find here summers that are hot and humid and winters that are cold and moist. Thus, neither is a great time to visit. However, the best time to visit Gettysburg is preferably in April & May, that are mild and pleasant unlike the extreme winter and summer. Seldom winters also witness heavy winter storm. The month of February and early-March receive maximum snowfall, while July and August may sometimes be hit by severe thunderstorms.
- Winter: In the months of December to March, the lowest temperature is around 5.2 degrees Celsius with an average annual snowfall that measures up to 22 inches. The maximum highest temperature is around 11 degrees Celsius and the lowest around -6 degrees Celsius.
- Summer: The annual high temperature hovers around 17.6 degrees Celsius in the months from June to September. Maximum temperature is around 30 degrees Celsius and the lowest around 11.6 degrees Celsius.
- Monsoon: Average annual precipitation of rainfall tends to be around 43.11 inches from the month of March to June. It goes up to its maximum 4.29 of average precipitation in inch, in June.
- 20℉ 0℉
- 30 0
Maximum rain recorded in Gettysburg is 921.29 mm in May.
Months with no rains or lowest rains in Gettysburg is February.
- 25 0
Most humid month in Gettysburg is September.
Least humid month in Gettysburg is February.
- Best time to visit Gettysburg National Military Park - Museum And Visitor Centre in Gettysburg
- Best time to visit Eisenhower National Historic Site in Gettysburg
- Best time to visit Sachs Covered Bridge in Gettysburg
- Best time to visit Gettysburg Heritage Center in Gettysburg
Are there bus trips from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?Answer Report Abuse
Yes, buses are available when you want to travel from Philadelphia to Gettysburg, but the frequency is lower.Report Abuse