Full of excitement and unexpected fun, Gettysburg hosts fascinating festivals and events, along with battlefield celebrations throughout the year. Some of the most prominent ones are as follows-
- A Civil War Christmas at the Shriver House: Held during Thanksgiving this event invites you for a candlelight tour of the Shriver House Museum. The museum decorated for an 1860’s Christmas, accommodates the tour as you hear the story of the Shriver family and how their lives were changed forever by the Battle of Gettysburg. These tours take place from November 24th to December 17th.
- Brunch at Mason Dixon Distillery: An ever-changing menu along with some good interactions. (Every Sunday)
- Paranormal Night: Held at the iconic Farnsworth House, this event gives you the opportunity to call spirits at this one of the most haunted inn's in America. (December)
- General Lee's Birthday Dinner: Enjoy a special Civil War Feast and General Lee's favourite meal at this dinner. (January 19th)
- Music, Gettysburg! Season: A free and open to the public, this is a music concert hosting international, regional and local musical artists. (December)
- Villalobos Brothers: A musical event where you have the lovely Villalobos Brothers redefining contemporary Mexican music. (February)
- Gettysburg's April Fools WineFest"acular": Chocolates, unlimited wine sampling and spectacular entertainment, is what this event holds for you.
- Taste of the Town: Presented by Gettysburg Adams Chamber of Commerce, this is one of the best culinary festivals to witness in the state of Pennsylvania. (April)