How to Reach Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
The Easiest Way to Reach Gettysburg
The ex-battlefield and now beautiful county is well connected by all means of transport from major locations across.
HOW TO GET TO GETTYSBURG
- By Air: the closest airport - Harrisburg Airport, lies at 47 miles from Gettysburg. Followed by Baltimore-Washington International Airport at 62 miles, Washington Dulles International Airport at 78 miles and the Philadelphia International Airport at 148 miles.
- By Train: Amtrak operates services to and from Harrisburg and Lancaster, from where you can further take a taxi service or rent a car to Gettysburg.
- By Road: US Route 30 from Philadelphia leads you to Gettysburg. Alternatively, you can drive via State Route 97 from the Baltimore area. If you plan to travel from the Southern region, US Route 15 runs through the town, for visitors arriving from the Washington DC region.
HOW TO GET AROUND GETTYSBURG
The best way to see the town, is by your vehicle. However, there are alternative modes too that deliver efficient ways for seeing the locales.
- By Car: Noted to be the most convenient way to see around, given the great network of roads around this battlefield. What’s more, you can always pull over and choose to walk around. To assist your exploration, you can purchase a CD from one of the several locations throughout Gettysburg that will orientate you to the battlefield.
- By Bus: Choosing to see around by bus, you will have the benefit of a guided tour. You can choose from the many different types of bus tours here. One is with licensed battlefield guides that costs adults a $30 ticket, and children a $19 ticket. Then there is one with headphone narration that costs adults a $26 ticket and children $15.
- By Bike: If you want to bask in the beautiful topography along with a slight level of adventure, rent a bike! There are bike rentals throughout the town. Doing so will also give you the best opportunity to experience battle lines in a much more realistic fashion than car or bus.
- By Horse: Featuring horsetails, Gettysburg is a great place to explore via your horse or a rented one. Artillery Ridge Campground and Hickory Hollow Horse Farm are renowned horse-renting places.
- By Segway: Another fun way to see Gettysburg is a Segway! Companies like SegTours in Gettysburg, offer guided tours too.
- On Foot: 26 miles of roadway make for the best on foot explorations in Gettysburg. After all a battlefield is best explored with a little running, walking and of course hiking through both flat and rugged terrains.
Are you looking for a Gettysburg travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Gettysburg from Nearby Cities
|Dillsburg to Gettysburg||22.8 km||22 mins|
|Tartown to Gettysburg||23.2 km||23 mins|
- How to reach Hershey
- How to reach Baltimore
- How to reach Washington D. C.
- How to reach Philadelphia
- How to reach Charlottesville
- How to reach Pittsburgh
- How to reach Atlantic City
- How to reach Ocean City
- How to reach Newark
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach San Francisco