Museum Dr Guislain746 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jozef Guislainstraat 43, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 329-2163595
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Tags: Art Gallery, Museums, History Museums, Photo Gallery, Specialty Museums
This is not the most standard of visits Belgium’s oldest psychiatric hospital. And while you might be thinking of creepy hauntings or stuff, the museum’s actually got decent exhibits on: a comprehensive history of psychiatry, acatalogue of photographs of the mentally-ill dating dating back to 1860, and a collection of outsider and brut art including works by the mentally disabled.
There’s a lovely computer module that actually lets you carry out some of the tests you’ll learn about. The whole experience is fascinating. Fun fact: the man after whom the museum is names is one of the first to define and defend the rights of the mentally ill.
Museum Dr Guislain Travel Tips
- A wheelchair can be provided upon request.
- There is a separate toilet for people with a disability.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in the museum.
- The front of the car park offers space for people with a disability.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museum Dr Guislain
- Free for age under 12 years.
- EUR 1 for age between 13 to 21 years and EUR 3 for age between 22 to 25 years.
How to Reach Museum Dr Guislain
- Train: Ghent Sint-Pieters Station.
- Tram 1 (direction 'Evergem'), Guislainstraat-stop.
- Pizza Hut.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ghent before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ghent and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.49% of people who visit Ghent include Museum Dr Guislain in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
48% of people start their Museum Dr Guislain visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Museum Dr Guislain
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Dr Guislain