Museum Of Fine ArtsCurrently Closed
- Address: FernandScribedreef 1, 9000 Gent, Belgium, Ghent
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 329-2400700
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
While the museum focuses on Flemish Art, there is quite a bit of extra regional artistic representation here too. There are a large number of sculptures; an extensive Medieval Ages collection; artwork from the Renaissance; the Netherland Baroque and Realism; and neo-classism, romanticism, expressionism and surrealism. Of course, there’s a smattering of contemporary art too. This variety nicely mixes up the museum experience. Cozily arranged and displayed, the museum’s exhibits are matched by the 19th century exterior of the building.
- Audio-guide available in English, Dutch, German, French and Spanish for EUR 2.50.
- Parking at P-Route: Sint-Pietersplein.
- Check out the museum shop.
- EUR 6 for age 65+, Gent residents and teachers, EUR 2 for 19 to 26 years.
- Tickets Free for under 19 years, Ghent residents on Sundays (10:00 am to 01:00 pm), journalists and carriers to disabled.
- MIAT is walking distance from Gent-Dampoort station.
- Bus 3 stop Steendam; Bus 38 & 39, and 55, 57, 58 (from Gent-Sint-Pieters station)stop Saint Jacob’s.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ghent before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ghent and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.85% of people who visit Ghent include Museum Of Fine Arts in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
35.83% of people start their Museum Of Fine Arts visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museum Of Fine Arts
80.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Fine Arts