Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En TextielCurrently Closed
- Address: MIAT, Minnemeers 9, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 329-2694200
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Specialty Museum, Heritage Building
Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel - Review
Gent built its fortune on textiles in the medieval ages; t might be the only reason that the city prospered and survivied. In tribute to that legacy, they’ve built this museum on Gent’s primary industry and labour in the remains of an old and abandoned cotton mill. On;y 3% of the museums entire collection is on display. It focuses on both antique and modern gadgets that are in anyway related to the museum. Sure, Gent already has two different museums lent to its history, but this a fresh and unquie perspective on the development of not just the city, but the idea of industry as a whole. Check it out.
Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel Information
- The Gent City Pass is sold here.
- Check out the museum cafe and the garden terrace.
- Check out the museum shop.
- Parking is as Parking 1 Vrijdagmarkt.
- There is a single parking space for the disabled.
- The Museu is fully accessible to wheelchairs.
- Museum about Industry, Labour and Textile also known as MIAT.
Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel Ticket Prices
- EUR 3.75 for people above 55 years, EUR 1 for age between 19 to 25 years.
- Tickets Free for age under 19 years, escorts of disabled, journalists and teachers.
How To reach Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel by Public Transport
- MIAT is walking distance from Gent-Dampoort station.
- Bus 3 stop Steendam; Bus 38 & 39, and 55, 57, 58 (from Gent-Sint-Pieters station)stop Saint Jacob’s.
Restaurants Near Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel
- De Appelier
- Prima Donna
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ghent before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ghent and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel
45.65% of people who visit Ghent include Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
39.01% of people start their Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel
59.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel
Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel Trips
Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel, Ghent Reviews
Een prachtig museum. Vraag uitleg, je kan soms geweldige verhalen horen. Mooie illustratie van waar we komen en waar we naar toe gaan. Soms zijn er activiteiten waar ook kinderen aan deel kunnen nemen. De brasserie/bar is ook goed, bestel er een Crabbelaer als je graag bier drinkt.
Really nice museum about an important part of ghentian history. To me the structure was a bit off though, but I know that the museum is working on some improvements at the moment. An app to provide extra information on the exhibits would be a good addition. The museum is worth a visit, it is very low priced and in a beautiful neighborhood in the city center.
Fascinating industrial museum in an old cotton mill with some working printing presses and industrial looms. Very good guide books in several languages that concentrate on the social history of the industrial revolution. Great sandwiches in the attached cafe.
Fascinating super rich museum. If anything its over ambicious. English translations provided via book are a bit less engaging than if the translations were on the walls.
Excellent even though the renovation had not been completed there was ample of interesting items to view