Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel688 Votes Currently Open
- Address: MIAT, Minnemeers 9, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 329-2694200
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Specialty Museums, Heritage Building
Gent built its fortune on textiles in the medieval ages; t might be the only reason that the city prospered and survivied. In tribute to that legacy, they’ve built this museum on Gent’s primary industry and labour in the remains of an old and abandoned cotton mill. On;y 3% of the museums entire collection is on display. It focuses on both antique and modern gadgets that are in anyway related to the museum. Sure, Gent already has two different museums lent to its history, but this a fresh and unquie perspective on the development of not just the city, but the idea of industry as a whole. Check it out.
Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel Travel Tips
- The Gent City Pass is sold here.
- Check out the museum cafe and the garden terrace.
- Check out the museum shop.
- Parking is as Parking 1 Vrijdagmarkt.
- There is a single parking space for the disabled.
- The Museu is fully accessible to wheelchairs.
- Museum about Industry, Labour and Textile also known as MIAT.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel
- EUR 3.75 for people above 55 years, EUR 1 for age between 19 to 25 years.
- Tickets Free for age under 19 years, escorts of disabled, journalists and teachers.
How to Reach Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel
- MIAT is walking distance from Gent-Dampoort station.
- Bus 3 stop Steendam; Bus 38 & 39, and 55, 57, 58 (from Gent-Sint-Pieters station)stop Saint Jacob’s.
- De Appelier
- Prima Donna
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ghent before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ghent and book an accommodation of your choice.
34.08% of people who visit Ghent include Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
39.01% of people start their Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel
59.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Over Industrie, Arbeid En Textiel