Stam Gent City Museum424 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Godshuizenlaan 2, 9000 Gent, Belgium, Ghent
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 329-2671400
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museums, History Museums, Architecture , Heritage Building
There is no single historical factor that influenced Gent more than others. The city has many layers to it’s identity it’s a cultural hotspot, a seaport, a student town and a historical destination. This city museum unveils these layers for the visitor. Over six rooms, the Story of Gent traces the medieval beginnings, the orthodox Early Modern Era, the Industrial Revolution to the present. The displays are nicely interactive, meaning you can immerse yourself in the stories, but with a touch of authenticity thanks to all the artefacts on display. The building itself is a beautiful old abbey decorated with fine wall paintings. The exhibits actually progress with the building’s own development the Baroque architecture room covers the 18th and 19th centuries. Your Gent tour begins here.Located on Gent's inner ring road about 1 km from the city centre.
Stam Gent City Museum Travel Tips
- Audio guide available in Dutch, German, French and English.
- Fully wheelchair accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Stam Gent City Museum
- EUR 6 for age above 65 years and EUR 2 for age between 19 to 25 years.
- Tickets Free for age under 19 years.
How to Reach Stam Gent City Museum
- Tram1[Van Nassaustraat-Veergrep-Verlorenkost stop].
- Tram4-24 [Bijlokehof stop].
- Bus 6 [Bijlokehof - Bijloke stop].
- St. Pieters Railway station15 min to walk.
- Kaffee A Capella
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ghent before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ghent and book an accommodation of your choice.
21% of people who visit Ghent include Stam Gent City Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
39.86% of people start their Stam Gent City Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Stam Gent City Museum
93.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Stam Gent City Museum