H2 Hinde TreeCurrently Open
- Address: Colliston, 926 Gilston Road, Gilston, Queensland, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 07-602649
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
H2 Hinde Tree - Review
The H2 Hinde Tree was recognized as a heritage by Queensland Heritage Register on 14 August 2008. A single H2 Hinde tree has survived from the small macadamia orchard originally planted on Colliston sometime in the 1920s (another H2 tree on the site was planted after grafting trials conducted in the 1950s). What remains of the farm is an almost 11.5 hectare parcel of land situated between the Gilston Road and Nerang River. The town centre of Nerang can also be visited while you are visiting this site. It is 9 kilometers from the tree.
The H2 Hinde (Macadamia integrifolia) tree is situated between a corridor of trees running north to south that divides the block into two halves in this area. It is approximately eight meters tall and one of its main branches has a metal tag painted with orange. The H1 and H3 macadamia trees were planted between five and ten meters to the south. None of the H3 Stevenson trees have survived.
H2 Hinde Tree Information
- Don’t pluck fruits or leaves or nuts from the trees.
- The tree has a great historic background; you should read up on it before you visit.
H2 Hinde Tree Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
H2 Hinde Tree Opening and Closing Hours
- It is a natural heritage site. Can be visited anytime.
How To reach H2 Hinde Tree by Public Transport
- Nearest Airport : Surfers Paradise and Gold Coast international Airport.
- Closest station : Nerang Railway Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Gilston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gilston and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting H2 Hinde Tree
95% of people who visit Gilston include H2 Hinde Tree in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
72.96% of people start their H2 Hinde Tree visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see H2 Hinde Tree
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting H2 Hinde Tree
H2 Hinde Tree Map
H2 Hinde Tree Trips
1 View27 Days 26 Nights27 Day Trip to Gold Coast, Sydney, Bangkok from DuBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Gold Coast, Sydney, Bangkok
1 View27 Days 26 Nights27 Day Trip to Singapore, Surfers Paradise, Port DBy: Guest UserCity: Bali, Singapore, Port Douglas, Surfers Paradise
H2 Hinde Tree, Gilston Reviews
All QuestionsH2 hinde tree
- Cassville Bluffs State Natural Area
- Schauff Kenneth J & Sharon
- Big H Campground
- Cassville Public Library
- Cassville Conservation Club
- Saint Charles Catholic Church
- River Valley Community Church
- Nelson Dewey State Park
- Riverside Park
- St Peter's Lutheran Church
- Robert Esser
- Eckstein Memorial Library
- Cassville Municipal Airport
- St Charles Borromeo Parish