Hinze DamCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Advancetown Road near Advancetown, Gilston, Gold Coast MC QLD, 4217, Australia
- Timings: 06:15 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Water Body, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Hinze Dam - Review
Hinze Dam provides the photographer in you a great opportunity to add some beautiful visuals to your collection. The dam offers you a mesmerizing view accompanied by information on environmental causes and concerns. While taking a walk here, you are free to access the newly built information centre and parkland complex. You can also spend a considerable amount of time discovering the process of migratory fish put into the dam to breed annually.
Hinze Dam was originally constructed in 1976, later raised 15 metres in 1989 and recently upgraded in 2011. The large embankment and un-gated spillway across the Nerang River provides water security and flood mitigation to the Gold Coast. The lake here provides recreational users with walking and horse riding trails and is a popular stop off for lycra-clad cyclists passing through the Gold Coast Hinterland.
For anglers with a permit and electric outboard motor (sail or paddle craft) this is a playground for hooking golden and silver perch, Saratoga, Mary River cod and Australian bass from either The Western (Nerang Murwillumbah Road) or Eastern Boat Ramp (Little Nerang and Range Roads).
There are four picnic and barbecue areas with nearby playgrounds for kids and onlookers, plus a state-of-the-art educational interpretive centre perched above the parklands and lake. – You can undertake various activities ranging from canoeing to sailing while visiting the dam.
Hinze Dam Information
- The weather is pleasant throughout the day but can get hot or very cold so take a judgment accordingly.
- Dogs are not allowed.
- Swimming is discouraged.
- Definitely eat at the café, visitors swear by the food served here.
Hinze Dam Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Hinze Dam Opening and Closing Hours
- The Visitor Information Centre is open 8.30am to 5pm from Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday.
How To reach Hinze Dam by Public Transport
- Closest station : Nerang Railway Station, hire a car to reach Hinze Dam.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Gilston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gilston and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hinze Dam
95% of people who visit Gilston include Hinze Dam in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.11% of people start their Hinze Dam visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Hinze Dam
94.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hinze Dam
People normally club together Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Eastern Section and Robina Town Centre while planning their visit to Hinze Dam.
Hinze Dam Map
Hinze Dam Trips
Hinze Dam, Gilston Reviews
All QuestionsHinze dam
- Coast Guard Axhilary Of Mercer County
- Hopewell Valley Pro Shop
- First Baptist Church Of Pennington
- Bethel AME Church
- Weidel Private Airport
- McNally Thos H Rev
- Hopewell Valley Prefabricators & Supplies
- Hopewell Keroka Alliance A Nj
- Making Waves Swim School
- Baldwin Tractor
- Pennington United Methodist Church
- Curlis Lake County Park
- First Church Of The Nazarene
- Baldwin State Wildlife Management Area